• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Summer Edition (#3) Round 2 Results
1 1

41 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2022 at 12:09 PM, Spawnfreak said:

Five from the bottom, huh? All I gotta say about that is; I may be slow, but I'm ahead of you!

(worship)

On 8/1/2022 at 12:38 PM, stynxno said:

oof. The GI Combat #68 threw me. I'm guessing I didn't take enough off for what I think is foxing. Unless there's something structural I missed. 

Heavy tanning. Some folks had trouble seeing it in the scans... might be harder to see if viewing on a phone perhaps? ... but viewed on my desktop screen, both covers had a dulled, dusky look to them.

On 8/1/2022 at 3:42 PM, KirbyTown said:

@CGC Mike

Hi Mike, I believe my score is off by a point. It benefits me, but I want to follow the rules.

he might also take off another pt for pain and suffering.
@jaybuck43

On 8/1/2022 at 5:50 PM, 01TheDude said:

I'm out

--- no idea what I was doing with that IH 181--- no way to come close to the leaders.

Spoiler

There used to be a rule that if you dont finish the contest that you dont get to participate in the next contest, so double check.

@CGC Mike

Looks as though it's not a rule anymore and replaced with just forfeiting the contest this round.

Screenshot_20220801-180342_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/1/2022 at 3:27 PM, Point Five said:

Heavy tanning. Some folks had trouble seeing it in the scans... might be harder to see if viewing on a phone perhaps? ... but viewed on my desktop screen, both covers had a dulled, dusky look to them.

Thank you! For some reason, I don't register tanning very well. Probably one of those things where it doesn't bother me too much so I don't notice it (but heaven forbid if there's a spine tick within a comic's zipcode). Something I need to get better at recognizing. 

• Administrator
On 8/1/2022 at 6:42 PM, KirbyTown said:

@CGC Mike

Hi Mike, I believe my score is off by a point. It benefits me, but I want to follow the rules.

Hit comics #5 changed to a 5.5  Thanks for being honest, and I apologize for making the mistake.  

Bullseyes and an awful miss +4 on one book alone. Oof

=11th place.