• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[GRADE NOW IN] PGM Iron Man #55 - 1st Appearance Thanos, Drax The Destroyer, Blood Brothers, Eros (aka Starfox) and Kronos.
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Waiting for CGC to push mine through grading (I'm expecting ~4.5). Yours is much, much nicer :takeit:

Spine ticks, rounded outer corners and light color rub on the spine corner. 7.5±0.5. The dark colors make the defects look worse, so I hope they won't get hammered unfairly. I've got a book from this era with ticks that are a bit longer, but on a light background, that came in at 7.0. I think this is a better book even if the ticks on mine are "hidden".

On 8/2/2022 at 1:44 PM, scburdet said:

Waiting for CGC to push mine through grading (I'm expecting ~4.5). Yours is much, much nicer :takeit:

Spine ticks, rounded outer corners and light color rub on the spine corner. 7.5±0.5. The dark colors make the defects look worse, so I hope they won't get hammered unfairly. I've got a book from this era with ticks that are a bit longer, but on a light background, that came in at 7.0. I think this is a better book even if the ticks on mine are "hidden".

I hope so; I'm submitting two of these UK variants too (here is the other from the Ian Penman collection)

I think the rounded and abraded corners, especially the lower right corner of the front cover, and spine wear will keep this book at 6.5/7.0 tops.

Thanks for posting.