• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When does Evil Ernie first technically appear?
2 2

10 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2022 at 12:38 AM, Frank Castle 74 said:

Many agree that Evil Ernie #1 is not his first appearance, that his first appearance is really in Comic Newsletter #23.

Sounds just as misguided as saying, "Marvel Previews #95 is Miles Morales' first appearance."

Evil Ernie #1 is his first appearance.

On 8/1/2022 at 9:38 PM, Frank Castle 74 said:

When does Evil Ernie first technically appear?

Many agree that Evil Ernie #1 is not his first appearance, that his first appearance is really in Comic Newsletter #23.

When does he actually first appear in printed form?

Sounds like you've got the two potentials, if we're just talking about published "printed form" the answer would just be whichever was released first.  Unless you're also asking about whether he appeared in any advertisements prior to both of those instances, like random ads in the back of comics or something, in which case I don't know if they exist.

On 8/3/2022 at 10:34 AM, Skoob Cimoc said:

That's what the newsletter is, random advertising before the actual comic was published.

Which is something quite a few people collect.  It isn't my thing and doesn't seem to be your thing, but it is most certainly a thing.  It doesn't really matter if it is the first appearence or not. People are willing to pay good money for it, no matter you call it.  I find this piece particularly interesting as it is very early in EEs development. 

On 8/3/2022 at 4:20 PM, Skoob Cimoc said:

Sure, you see it rationally for what it is, but these Newbs don't. They are saying that advertisements and Previews count as first appearances, period :blahblah:I'm not going to let these band-wagon Newbs try to rewrite history (thumbsu Have you seen what these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons are paying for Marvel Previews #95? lol :makepoint:

:roflmao:

image.thumb.jpeg.1bd426b6f097ff3014c8cd7719df9b94.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/3/2022 at 5:39 PM, Skoob Cimoc said:

I actually saw this on a car last week on Rt 2 to Hartford but it was not raining :cry:

waving-forest-gump-wiper-blade.gif

I didn't want to leave the usual... more fun to mix it up every now and then.