• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Summer Edition (#3) Round #4
11 11

198 posts in this topic

On 8/5/2022 at 11:34 PM, kav said:

Yes.  This means less than 4 point score.

(worship)

That would be great! I got :Rocket:in Round 1 with three points.

Edited by JohnH19

On 8/6/2022 at 12:12 AM, flashlites said:

Me too for round 1...hmmmmm... :Rocket:and a score of 3333

3 too that round. But I got a superhero.

Screenshot_20220806-003238_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5c514d8efe80deefcb699be7b165395a.jpg

Grades not in. Maybe tomorrow.

In past contests I've graded books immediately then looked at them again over many days. While revisions have hit bullseyes, I've also changed many grades that would have been perfect.

This contest I'm changing my strategy and trying not to psyche myself out. I'm looking at them on the final day before grades are due and spending 10 minutes figuring them out. Trying to go with first impressions. I'm getting less bullseyes than normal but overall I'm not too far off what CGC says.

That said, I tanked the final round of last contest. I may put a bit more thought into this round 4.

I am guilty of over thinking these sometimes. If you allow yourself to, you can talk yourself up or down + or - a grade almost always and that's the trap of extra time (:pullhair::facepalm:) In the real world when I'm grading comics for the local comic book clubs, you don't have the luxury of that kind of time. The owner of the book nervously looking on, 5 minutes can seem like an eternity! But I like to think I can deliver a fairly accurate grade in about 5 minutes or so. Of course having the book in hand makes all the difference in the world!

On 8/5/2022 at 12:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:shiftyeyes:

:shiftyeyes:

Is the emoji I got. That cant be good, I think I was sleepy lol

Alas it is good I didnt have 1st place on the line lol

Some of these tie breakers, I dont know how people do it!  :roflmao: