• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicago C2E2 8/5/22. Grading help
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I have a few questions reguarding submitting comics in person this weekend at Chicago C2E2.

-Does CGC have on site pressing?

- Do they let you know what grade your comic will be right on the spot that day?

-If I submit friday afternoon, are they able to have it ready Sunday?

- How much would 25 Silver Age key comics roughly end up costing me at the end of the day.  For instance let's just pretend 25 copies of Ironman Submariner #1 pressed and cleaned.  How much do you think I would owe that day at the convention?

Please someone reply with step by step, prices, walkthrough, anything....etc

In order 

- No

- No

- No

https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc-grading/  Same cost as normal, but if you're submitting for blue labels (no signatures) you should fill out the online form online (https://www.cgccomics.com/orderform/), there should be an option that says you'll be dropping off at a show.  otherwise they'll probably just have tablets at their booth and willl make you fill out the online form there, so better to get ahead of it now if you already know exactly what you want to submit.   

If you are getting witnessed sigs and submitting for signature series grading then they'll have the paper forms there for that at the booth

Everything about the grading process is the exact same as if you had mailed in your books like regular submissions. Just instead of mailing your books to CGC, you drop them off at a show and they bring it back with them to Florida to their facilities and put them in the queue of books to be graded. So regular TaTs apply for whatever tier you're submitting under.  CGC used to do on-site grading at cons where if you submit them the first day of the con they would be ready the last day of the con but I can't even remember the last time they offered that

Edited by JC25427N

On 8/5/2022 at 1:04 AM, Gameday312 said:

- Does CGC have on site pressing?

- Do they let you know what grade your comic will be right on the spot that day?

- If I submit friday afternoon, are they able to have it ready Sunday?

- How much would 25 Silver Age key comics roughly end up costing me at the end of the day.  For instance let's just pretend 25 copies of Ironman Submariner #1 pressed and cleaned.  How much do you think I would owe that day at the convention?

• No.
  • No.
  • No.
  • It depends on the grade. Let's use 9.4 as an example for all 25 pretend books. That's probably about $6k.

For a step by step you may want to ask for help from Cgc customer service, they can tell you where the booth is, the hours they’re open, the contact details of someone onsite

Haha no but I saw a few youtube videos of the drama.  However when I was there on Saturday afternoon browsing all the booths, I did see a booth selling that Ultimate Fallout 4.  Not sure if it was that one everyone's talking about.  They really should have a limit of 1 per actual physical person present at the show when it comes to stuff like that.