• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/13/2022 at 11:25 AM, CJ Design said:

Pick your appropriate Black Flag Booth Saying

A) Dum Dums for Dum Dums

B) Suckers for Suckers

C) Have a problem with our Book and Biz practices...SUCK IT

D) add your own

black flag's booth.jpg

Guys, we’ve had the phrase here for years, why upset the apple cart?

Cool Books TM.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:42 AM, Jimmy Linguini said:

LOL black flag is using his daughters account to sell these on the Clayton Crain facebook page.

This is getting good. Yes it says it sold for $3500, no, no one has been identified as purchasing this item.

Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 11.41.25 AM.png

Imagine paying $3500 for this. 😆 

On 8/11/2022 at 11:23 AM, Prince Namor said:

Weird. I read it as "He's been successful for 40+ years at it, he might know more than the guy who's been successful for the last 40 minutes."

:roflmao:

On 8/11/2022 at 11:25 AM, MrBedrock said:

Reading isn't your strong suit, is it?

:insane:

On 8/13/2022 at 11:42 AM, Jimmy Linguini said:

Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 11.41.25 AM.png

It gets worse the longer you look at it...it's so off model that it's somehow mesmerizing. Poinjts for bootlegging two disney properties at once though. Whoever bought this should crack it and ask for something from pixar or star wars as a remark for his next SS event, see how deep you can go. 

On 8/13/2022 at 1:10 PM, Buzzetta said:

Very busy right now sorting figures for eBay, listing on eBay and thinking about what I need to pick up so we can make pizzas outside tonight. 

Ooo are we getting an ooni? Go with the 16 inch, totally worth it!

On 8/13/2022 at 1:11 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Ooo are we getting an ooni? Go with the 16 inch, totally worth it!

Different "J" is coming over later. 

She just wants garden tomato and fresh mozzarella.  I have to go to my pizza place and get dough. 

On 8/13/2022 at 1:19 PM, CJ Design said:

and Crimini's?

Never been there... 

Carmine's or Sals when in Williamsburg.

L&B when passing anywhere near there.

I am out on the island so I am going to head to the nearest Umberto's. 

Pic from Carmine's taken the other day actually. 

The place is like it's own Yankee's Hall of Fame. 

https://www.carmineandsonspizza.com/

IMG_0632.jpeg

On 8/13/2022 at 12:25 PM, Buzzetta said:

Never been there... 

Carmine's or Sals when in Williamsburg.

L&B when passing anywhere near there.

I am out on the island so I am going to head to the nearest Umberto's. 

Pic from Carmine's taken the other day actually. 

The place is like it's own Yankee's Hall of Fame. 

https://www.carmineandsonspizza.com/

IMG_0632.jpeg

Sorry about the confusion, but was talking about mushrooms for your Pizza. Thanks very much for the recommendations for when I'm back East 👍

On 8/13/2022 at 12:21 PM, xela_v said:

Someone took a pic of their booth on FB. Sorry if this was posted previously. 

I hope that mickey gwenom isn't an acetate cause that's hideous

Screenshot_20220813-101603_Chrome.jpg

img_1_1660410931593.jpg

Have any attendees specifically asked about the two new releases?

On 8/13/2022 at 2:18 AM, Skwerl said:

All of this nonsense has just been stewing and stinking for the past couple days, but where I'm at now is I just don't understand how CGC can be so willing to make exceptions on this stuff, no matter what their reasoning is. Like, whatever sort of grading company you want to run, there's no escaping the fact that as much as we cry when our books come back shy of 9.8, we all want to know that the grades are earned, that the grading methods are strict, that there's absolutely no monkey business. When something like this abomination shows up at CGC, how in the multiverse does the decision wind up being to let it slide? Who wants to be the grading company known for letting dubious or suspicious things slide like this? No one picks CGC because they're the fun guys who grade wacky invisible comics. How is any amount of money from some bobo fly-by-night publisher like Black Flag worth a decision that isn't the conservative route? How is it not that every decision made by CGC errs on the side of caution? If you're extra strict on a weird book and/or give it a green label, well, you can always change your policy if it turns out you were wrong, and customers can resubmit for the upgrade. But why would you risk certifying something or giving it a high grade if there's even the slightest hint of impropriety? There's no way to get people do volunteer for downgrades, so you just become the company whose grades aren't always right. At the end of this timeline, CGC 9.9s are the new PGX 9.8s.

Bears repeating again and again...

"Who wants to be the grading company known for letting dubious or suspicious things slide like this?

No one picks CGC because they're the fun guys who grade wacky invisible comics.

How is any amount of money from some bobo fly-by-night publisher like Black Flag worth a decision that isn't the conservative route?

How is it not that every decision made by CGC errs on the side of caution... if there's even the slightest hint of impropriety? 

At the end of this timeline, CGC 9.9s are the new PGX 9.8s."

368663325_HammerNail.gif.2000235e383fa0af64a807626d7f56f6.gif