• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2022 at 2:35 PM, Cman429 said:

Wait, isn’t “adding things to a book after the fact” literally the purpose of a green label? So their solution is “we’re gonna make note it’s a green label on a blue label.” Just crazy. I don’t agree with 90% of the conspiracies and legal nonsense being bandied about but this was the ONE thing I couldn’t see them validating and they’re choosing that hill to die on. 

This really is going to open up a can of worms with publishers slapping acetate covers on worthless back stock they couldn’t sell. Maybe those publishers who specialize in nudie covers will overlay some britches so the comic becomes like one of those pens you get down in Tijuana. I’m excited by the infinite possibilities…

Why stop there? Do a range of plastic surgery editions where the figure is enhanced in various ways.

On 8/12/2022 at 5:11 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 8/12/2022 at 3:24 PM, Gaard said:

There is a precedent for acetate covers being attached to a printed book, and then graded by CGC"

"For us, this was an unprecedented item to grade."

This

So is the game that CGC did invisible comics with acetate and manufactured the grade, now that is being attributed to these specific acetate variants? I'm starting to get it.

Still sounds like instead of glod or plod it's now the ablod, ie acetate blue label of death.

I thought at first this spread under other fields, then I saw cgc lack of response there of and wondered: does cgc knowing more "facts" than we do just disregard all these  "other" attributes as speculation?

I'm trying read between the lines jic there is a simpler approach, but it looks like I may be in for another 100 pages  @Buzzetta variants bad, cgc after manufacturing blue label bad.

:popcorn: and for those wondering, I do somewhat have vested interest in this, one in the set of my distorted holograms says "manufactured with distorted hologram" on the label rather than just "distorted hologram"

Which I thought was cool at first, @Black_Adam

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/12/2022 at 6:27 PM, Chasing_keys said:

Sure can. But I think that's called laminating

"We can laminate your acetate"

...might not be the best marketing line

-bc

On 8/12/2022 at 3:38 PM, Ares said:

I saw them and all I could think was SUCKERS

the black flag guys hidin'-I hope they have six locks on their door!

On 8/12/2022 at 4:19 PM, kav said:

put another acetate cover over the first acetate cover!!!

I see a possible movie deal coming out of this for the SyFy channel. Acetate Nado :wishluck:

On 8/12/2022 at 3:43 PM, jaybuck43 said:

In case anyone is wondering, there is not a Venom Acetate.  That book is Venom #35  Clayton Crain Virgin Road Tour Variant Cover D, it's been out for about a year.

image.thumb.png.71ff397f9891f0f4841c73173ad2668a.png

looks like a high school art student's project to be honest.