• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who signed?
1 1

20 posts in this topic

Any help with figuring some of these out would be awesome!

I see Stan, Bob Harras (Editor in Chief), Ralph Macchio (scripter), and I think that’s Fabian Nicieza on the right and Tom De Falco to his left. Although I don’t think Fabian or Tom worked on this book at all. Can’t figure out the others I circled.

15A1DE3C-A91F-415D-8602-C06A2C6B1DA9.jpeg

9794C8FA-51B6-4614-B2FE-A231CC72DDE1.jpeg

On 8/8/2022 at 12:34 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Well then, that is a rather confusing signature on this book haha

I doubt that is the Signature, but could have been whoever owned the book. I was merely following the lead that was posted.  Then explaining the joke. 

All of the other signatures and names look correct.  That one just doesn't seem to fit with any I recognize either and I even went as far to look up voice actors on the animated series this was made after. No luck. 

Maybe some other board sleuth with figure it out. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 8/7/2022 at 10:39 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I doubt that is the Signature, but could have been whoever owned the book. I was merely following the lead that was posted.  Then explaining the joke. 

All of the other signatures and names look correct.  That one just doesn't seem to fit with any I recognize either and I even went as far to look up voice actors on the animated series this was made after. No luck. 

No I mean your guess is as good as mine lol, and it does kind of look like that name. Looking up people named Barry who worked on X-Men comics I found Barry Windsor-Smith and Barry Kitson but it doesn’t appear to be either.

On 8/7/2022 at 10:39 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Oh wow I think I figured it out! There was an author who wrote some marvel comics it seems named Barry Dutter. The first letter of the sig’s last name does actually look like a D.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Barry_Dutter/Writer

https://www.marvel.com/comics/creators/3703/barry_dutter?byZone=marvel_site_zone&offset=0&byType=creator&dateStart=&dateEnd=&orderBy=release_date+desc&formatType=issue,digitalcomic,collection&byId=3703&limit=8&count=10&totalcount=18

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 8/8/2022 at 1:26 PM, Monstertruck97 said:

I had typed in Barry Dutter and for some reason it showed up Barry Trotter.

Just noticing it now. When I did my search, found Harry Potter spoof, but all along meant to be more helpful than I originally was.

s-l400.jpg

Ultimately, you solidly contributed because I now plan to read this Barry Trotter book at some point! lol

On 8/8/2022 at 2:43 PM, LDarkseid1 said:
On 8/8/2022 at 1:26 PM, Monstertruck97 said:

I had typed in Barry Dutter and for some reason it showed up Barry Trotter.

Just noticing it now. When I did my search, found Harry Potter spoof, but all along meant to be more helpful than I originally was.

s-l400.jpg

Expand  

Ultimately, you solidly contributed because I now plan to read this Barry Trotter book at some point! lol

the real signature is the friends we made along the way.

On 8/8/2022 at 5:43 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah, shamelessly me too. The author will be so confused by the sudden increase in sales of this book.

On 8/8/2022 at 5:57 PM, revat said:

the real signature is the friends we made along the way.

Ordered Chinese food on Friday. That's exactly what my fortune cookie said. 

Edited by Monstertruck97