• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please help me see why the color of the signature is lighter
1 1

13 posts in this topic

Wow that's a shockingly bad choice of colours. It took me a moment to spot it all. 

On 8/9/2022 at 8:45 AM, hfhj111 said:

I want to know why and does this have an impact on the price

It is metallic sharpie ink with a lightness similar to its background.

You can try looking up prices for signed items on auction sites.

Edited by KirbyTown

On 2022/8/9 at PM10点55分, theCapraAegagrus said:

是的,金属Sharpie。您是在问签名几乎不可见是否会影响签名的价值,或者签名是否会影响书的价值?

Yes, the influence of the invisible signature on the book value

I do think people would probably pay more for one where everything is clear and easy to see.  Somewhere between 10-25% more in my opinion, depending on luck and venue.  Hopefully that helps.

If you want a full scientific analysis you can go to your local university and see if you can pay some graduate students to run some tests on the paper and the ink, and have them explain the optics science to you.

2022 年 8 月 9 日下午 11 点 39 分,revat 说:

125 % 介于两者之间,我认为这会有助于看起来更清晰。

如果你想要一个完整的科学分析,你可以去你当地的大学,看看你是否可以付钱给一些研究生,让他们对纸和墨水进行一些测试,让你解释光学科学。

I bought it for seventy dollars. Do you think it's worth it? This is the first print sandman Season of Mists

IMG_20220806_110116.jpg

On 8/9/2022 at 9:01 AM, hfhj111 said:

I bought it for seventy dollars. Do you think it's worth it? This is the first print sandman Season of Mists

IMG_20220806_110116.jpg

well since you bought it at auction, that implies that others were bidding on it and you paid just a little bit more than those people were willing to pay.  Doesn't seem like there's a ton of data out there on sales.

You were obviously willing to pay $70, so that appears to be the market price when there are few comparable data points out there.  So it only matters if it was worth it to you.  If you like Neil Gaiman and like that book, seems ok.  But of course that depends on your financial or collection situation too.  If you can't eat for 2 weeks because you spent $70 on this book, probably not worth it.  If you make $800 per hour than it was a waste of your time to even come on these boards and ask these questions.

On 8/9/2022 at 11:01 AM, hfhj111 said:

Do you think it's worth it?

Trying my best with Translate:

如果您购买这本书是因为您想要它,那么它是值得的。你能告诉我们你为什么买这些书以及你打算用它们做什么吗?谢谢你。

On 8/10/2022 at 12:23 PM, KirbyTown said:

Trying my best with Translate:

如果您购买这本书是因为您想要它,那么它是值得的。你能告诉我们你为什么买这些书以及你打算用它们做什么吗?谢谢你。

I bought it for collection,But when it came to me, I was a little disappointed,I'm worried that the reason of handwriting will affect its value,So I want to ask

On 8/10/2022 at 12:53 AM, hfhj111 said:

I bought it for collection,But when it came to me, I was a little disappointed,I'm worried that the reason of handwriting will affect its value,So I want to ask

I am happy that Google Translate is working well.

在英文中,签名上写着“致埃德,甜蜜的梦”。如果他们的名字不是“Ed”,有些人可能不喜欢这个签名。其他人可能不在乎它说什么。重要的是这本书由尼尔盖曼签名并且有一张他画的脸。

有些人不喜欢漫画书上的签名,因为他们认为任何形式的写作都会降低价值。收集普通书籍而不是小册子的人通常喜欢有作者的签名。

我希望这有帮助。

On 8/10/2022 at 2:11 PM, KirbyTown said:

I am happy that Google Translate is working well.

在英文中,签名上写着“致埃德,甜蜜的梦”。如果他们的名字不是“Ed”,有些人可能不喜欢这个签名。其他人可能不在乎它说什么。重要的是这本书由尼尔盖曼签名并且有一张他画的脸。

有些人不喜欢漫画书上的签名,因为他们认为任何形式的写作都会降低价值。收集普通书籍而不是小册子的人通常喜欢有作者的签名。

我希望这有帮助。

it is very helpful,thanks