• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mechanical Error
2 2

2 posts in this topic

Is it still the procedure to first contact customer service with the list of books to send in due to ME or are we now going directly to the submission page and filling out the ME return form?

I heard somewhere that doing self-returns was in the works.  Thanks, Joe

• Administrator

Hello @jokiing,

In order to send in MEs, they must first be approved by our customer service team. Please send us an image of each book in question showing the reason for the return AND the certification number of the slab IN THE SAME IMAGE. This will allow our team to process your ME request as quickly as possible. If books are sent in for ME submissions but not approved ahead of time, this could result in reholder fees to your account.

Currently our CGC Trading Cards and CSG Sports Card services both have serf-service ME processes but they are reviewed by our team internally for if each slab would be considered an ME based on the timeframe since the collectible has left and what the request if for (a damaged slab VS a label error). 

Let us know if you have any other questions.