• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any way to make “Copper” sales forum w/o “Modern” ?
1 1

36 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2022 at 5:43 PM, mtracy64 said:

Perhaps this is why?

That thought has been abandoned.  I didn't realize how much that would create stress for sellers, never followed up with it. 

On 8/15/2022 at 8:53 PM, Forbush-Man said:

That thought has been abandoned.  I didn't realize how much that would create stress for sellers, never followed up with it. 

Right, I didn't see the perspective of sellers until you started that thread. I'm still relatively new here, but talk of rearranging the selling forum is a recurring theme and there's nothing close to a consensus amongst buyers or sellers. 

On 8/15/2022 at 6:00 PM, mtracy64 said:

Right, I didn't see the perspective of sellers until you started that thread. I'm still relatively new here, but talk of rearranging the selling forum is a recurring theme and there's nothing close to a consensus amongst buyers or sellers. 

I get ya, but bumping a proposal from November, 2021 won't help.  I originally, as a buyer, wanted Golden Age made into a seperate area, making it easier for G.A. collectors to keep up with what was for sale.  The problem was that sellers would have twice as much work trying to keep up with their sales threads. I saw this and dropped my request (never asked for follow-up.)   I say let it be as it is, it's worked for a number of years now.  Don't fix something that's not broken.  JMHO.

On 8/15/2022 at 9:46 PM, Forbush-Man said:

I get ya, but bumping a proposal from November, 2021 won't help.  I originally, as a buyer, wanted Golden Age made into a seperate area, making it easier for G.A. collectors to keep up with what was for sale.  The problem was that sellers would have twice as much work trying to keep up with their sales threads. I saw this and dropped my request (never asked for follow-up.)   I say let it be as it is, it's worked for a number of years now.  Don't fix something that's not broken.  JMHO.

My point was to show the different points of view and thereby illustrate the futility of a discussion of this nature. It's not perfect the way it is, but the membership won't reach consensus on a definition of "better".

On 8/15/2022 at 5:50 PM, MB1952 said:
On 8/15/2022 at 1:59 PM, jjfversion1 said:

I say get rid of the Mixed Age thread and break up the sales threads into:

1) Gold and Silver

2) Bronze and Copper

3) Modern / "in god we trust" acetate variants

Yes this :wink:

There are no "in god we trust" acetate variants.

There are some "In God We Intrust" acetate variants, but "Intrust" isn't a word and I'm not sure we should "intrust" our forum to people who just make up words for fun and profit.

On 8/15/2022 at 12:59 PM, jjfversion1 said:

I say get rid of the Mixed Age thread and break up the sales threads into:

1) Gold and Silver

2) Bronze and Copper

3) Modern

Mixed age is good for different stuff like books, posters, etc, count me as one of those who likes to cruise the Mixed threads.

On 8/21/2022 at 1:33 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

We definitely need another poll on this....

Let's look at a couple of alternative options.....

1. You can create the poll and enjoy a month of my fake forum friendship in the safety of your own home...or...
  2. You can continue skateboarding past your prime and become friends with a lot of doctors and nurses.

face.jpg.ededb1dce181582c3405e2cbab5948cb.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 8/15/2022 at 2:53 PM, ThothAmon said:

Id prefer a few more. 

• Breakfast - 7 a.m.
  • Second Breakfast - 9 a.m.
  • Elevenses - 11 a.m.
  • Luncheon - 1 p.m.
  • Afternoon Tea - 3 p.m.
  • Dinner - 6 p.m.
  • Supper - 9 p.m.

On 8/15/2022 at 3:06 PM, shadroch said:

You forgot Happy Hour.

And late night snack

• Administrator
On 8/21/2022 at 8:30 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Let's look at a couple of alternative options.....

1. You can create the poll and enjoy a month of my fake forum friendship in the safety of your own home...or...
  2. You can continue skateboarding past your prime and become friends with a lot of doctors and nurses.

face.jpg.ededb1dce181582c3405e2cbab5948cb.jpg

I think your experience with polls should be noted.

image.png