• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is CGC so archaic, especially with debit card payments?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 8/15/2022 at 6:03 PM, Martian Manhunter said:

Why is this whole process so slow, and why does it take forever for CGC to take your debit/credit card payment? They should take it off the bat, and let it be over with. This whole process is so messed up.

Payment for all submissions is due upon receipt of your order.  We process those payments once your order is logged in and verified.  The paperwork then goes down to accounting to be charged.  The length of time it will take for an order to reach that point in the process will vary depending on the tier you have selected.  An order under a Faster tier like Express or Walkthrough will see the charge much faster than something like Economy as that tier has a much longer turnaround time and the process in general will take longer for those tiers. 

On 8/15/2022 at 3:03 PM, Martian Manhunter said:

Why is this whole process so slow, and why does it take forever for CGC to take your debit/credit card payment? They should take it off the bat, and let it be over with. This whole process is so messed up.

Why do you want to pay up front for a service provided later?  Do you pay at a diner when you order or when you are done? Does your mechanic charge you when you drop your car off? 

On 8/16/2022 at 6:26 AM, shadroch said:

Why do you want to pay up front for a service provided later?  Do you pay at a diner when you order or when you are done? Does your mechanic charge you when you drop your car off? 

Seriously, CGC's turnaround times are so bad, why do I want to give them interest free loans with my money.

On 8/18/2022 at 5:57 AM, DavidTheDavid said:

For people who like a nicely balanced checkbook or credit card statement, I can see this being a pain in the .

Pay up front so they have even less incentive to  do their jobs.

On 8/16/2022 at 9:26 AM, shadroch said:

Apples and oranges. We pay up front when you buy groceries, gas, restaurants, retail products, etc. That was a terrible comparison really. Yes, I pay for my services from the mechanic up front, and by choice. I should also have that choice.

Edited by Martian Manhunter

On 8/19/2022 at 12:50 PM, Martian Manhunter said:

How is it a loan, when you pay up front?

Similar in principle to when you overpay your taxes each year and get a refund.  If you pay up front, you're giving CGC the money to invest it and potentially make modest returns on it.  If you wait to pay until your book is entered in the system and they being providing the paid for service, then those are extra days in which that cash is in your account gaining interest and what not.  I acknowledge, that we're talking about 60 days here (depending on CGC's TAT), but I like to carry the same principle across all financial decisions.  Same reason my credit card is set to pay on the due date and not a minute sooner.

On 8/19/2022 at 6:32 PM, ExNihilo said:

Similar in principle to when you overpay your taxes each year and get a refund.  If you pay up front, you're giving CGC the money to invest it and potentially make modest returns on it.  If you wait to pay until your book is entered in the system and they being providing the paid for service, then those are extra days in which that cash is in your account gaining interest and what not.  I acknowledge, that we're talking about 60 days here (depending on CGC's TAT), but I like to carry the same principle across all financial decisions.  Same reason my credit card is set to pay on the due date and not a minute sooner.

Still, it should be my choice, and an option when placing my order. In society, we pay for most things up front. 

On 9/7/2022 at 9:58 AM, Martian Manhunter said:

Still, it should be my choice, and an option when placing my order. In society, we pay for most things up front. 

So when you dine at most sit down restaurants you pay as soon as you order your food?  Before it's been sent to the kitchen to be prepared?  Before your party has eaten it?

CGC's allowed to dictate when they push payment through and they determined that charging accounts when they have the physical book in hand makes more sense for their business model than upfront when the online form is filled out before the customer has even mailed the book.  This seems like such a minor inconvenience to quibble over.  Especially when there continue to exist more pressing matters such as ongoing QC issues.