• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One Order, Multiple Boxes?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am submitting 10 or so slabs (signature/reholder) in the next couple days. Can one order be split across multiple boxes?

Figured I'd send 4-5 Medium flat rates with 2-3 slabs in each, but they'd all be on the same order form.

Thanks

On 8/15/2022 at 4:24 PM, Baka_Oni said:

Hi,

I am submitting 10 or so slabs (signature/reholder) in the next couple days. Can one order be split across multiple boxes?

Figured I'd send 4-5 Medium flat rates with 2-3 slabs in each, but they'd all be on the same order form.

Thanks

good question.

If no one here has a good answer for you, I'd consider contacting CGC customer service.  The contact info is on the CGC website.

In fact, I personally would probably contact them either way since I'd rather get the official answer from a cgc employee than a "maybe" right answer from a random internet stranger.  

If they weren't flat rate boxes I'd say tape the boxes together and ship as one. Otherwise, find one bigger box for your smaller boxes. Will more than likely be cheaper than medium flat rate times five.

Less chance of major confusion on the receiving end.

Edited by jokiing

On 8/15/2022 at 6:24 PM, Baka_Oni said:

Hi,

Thanks

Hi, I'm curious why you're considering this method instead of using one box?

On 8/15/2022 at 9:53 PM, KirbyTown said:

Hi, I'm curious why you're considering this method instead of using one box?

Ended up going with larger boxes in the end.

Still curious since I'd heard of people putting several orders in one box, but not one order in several boxes.

On 8/16/2022 at 1:06 AM, Baka_Oni said:

Ended up going with larger boxes in the end.

Still curious since I'd heard of people putting several orders in one box, but not one order in several boxes.

I can't think of a reason to send multiple individual shipments to the same place at the same time when they can all go in one box. If the order was so big that it was forced into multiple boxes, you would note what you're doing and label the boxes accordingly (1 of 3, 2 of 3...)