• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Wanted 50 (1952)
2 2

7 posts in this topic

The tanning is pretty significant if the images I found are accurate and then it depends on how harshly CGC treats a 70-year-old book with normal aging. It would be useful to check the staples for rust, and rust transfer on the inner pages since that's pretty common. The upper staple looks OK, but I can't see the bottom one. I don't have much experience setting a grade with tanning, but the overall appearance is in the 7.0±1.0 range. I would hesitate to give a more narrow assessment.

The hell is my “bay window” and why do I need it lifted and flattened? 

Amazing that a book 70 years old would have such little spine wear or general reading/handling damage. Really presents beautiful other than the obvious heavy discoloration. 

Anyway I really just wanted to admire the book but I suppose I’m obliged to offer an opinion. The back has some weird water stain/foxing thing and there there looks like some light spine wear in addition to the general issue of it being tanner than a 60 year old beach bum down in Clearwater. I have some Gold Keys like this that they hammered with a 6.0 so I’m gonna say that give or take what mood their in.