• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed.
1 1

35 posts in this topic

Awesome books.I love the art style from this time period & wish I could get motivated to be interested in them enough to read & really enjoy them.From what I have learned about the Wizard of Oz, the books are quite a bit darker than the movie.

On 8/22/2022 at 6:39 PM, Toz said:

From what I have learned about the Wizard of Oz, the books are quite a bit darker than the movie.

This is the exact reason I have interest in the books, they seem to be pretty dark considering they were made for kids.

On 8/22/2022 at 6:09 PM, OtherEric said:

Kabumpo should have 12 color plates, the first one being a frontispiece.  You showed a color plate in the Scarecrow, that's what I'm talking about.

I counted 11 color plates, but you did state that the first one is a frontispiece. I'm not quite sure what that is, the book may have it but I'd have to do some research.

On 8/22/2022 at 3:53 PM, FrontStands said:

This is the exact reason I have interest in the books, they seem to be pretty dark considering they were made for kids.

I wouldn't call most of them particularly dark, but they definitely can be a bit darker than the movie.

I pretty much learned to read from them when I was very young, still love them.