• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lily Renee (May 12, 1921 - August 25, 2022)
1 1

31 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2022 at 10:06 PM, sfcityduck said:

I have put together playlists for my favorites, like my “When Dylan Dies” playlist that starts off with “Moonshiner” - achingly sad song about mortality that includes the line “I go to some hollow, and I sit at my still, and if whiskey don’t kill me, I don’t know what will”.  Plan to listen to it first and toast Bob with some of his own label’s bourbon or rye.  Then listen to the rest of the playlist which goes hours.

When a musical artist passes, I prefer to listen to something more upbeat. A song that made me smile or feel good first time I heard it. I’m not a huge Dylan fan but “Subterranean Homesick Blues” would be my go to tune.

On 8/26/2022 at 9:42 PM, Robot Man said:

As long as Clapton, Page and Richards are still kicking, I’m happy! 

Clapton is definitely a racist, definitely a narcissist, and possibly a psychopath. I won't be shedding any tears when he buys the farm.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:21 AM, comicjack said:

She was a stunning woman on top of being a classic artist one of a kind :luhv:

I've only seen like 2 pictures of her from the 40's, but I do believe you are correct sir.  She looked pretty stunning back then. Lived to be 101 years old.

That's a well lived life.  R.I.P. :angel:

On 8/30/2022 at 3:30 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

Clapton is definitely a racist, definitely a narcissist, and possibly a psychopath. I won't be shedding any tears when he buys the farm.

All true and point well taken. Hendrix and Joplin were drug addicts. Pete Rose is well…Pete Rose nuff said. Not ideal people.

I didn’t know them or pay any attention to their life styles. Rose’s stats speak for themselves. Hendrix & Joplin will live on forever because of their music. There contributions to their craft not their lifestyle is what is important to me.

Clapton is a tool and a cranky old geezer but when I hear “Crossroads” by Cream, it still blows my mind. I owe him nothing but a thanks for introducing me to the blues and the inspiration for me to pick up a guitar. Something I have so much enjoyed my whole life. I will be indeed sad when “Slowhand” picks that last note…

On 8/30/2022 at 4:59 PM, Forbush-Man said:

I've only seen like 2 pictures of her from the 40's, but I do believe you are correct sir.  She looked pretty stunning back then. Lived to be 101 years old.

LilyRenee.jpg

LillyRenee2.jpg

LillyRenee3.jpg

Edited by Forbush-Man

On 8/30/2022 at 4:59 PM, Forbush-Man said:

I've only seen like 2 pictures of her from the 40's.  She looked pretty stunning back then. Lived to be 101 years old.

Lily Renee interview from SDCC 2018: use of brush for inking, immigrating to USA.

On 8/28/2022 at 1:06 AM, sfcityduck said:

I have put together playlists for my favorites, like my “When Dylan Dies” playlist that starts off with “Moonshiner” - achingly sad song about mortality that includes the line “I go to some hollow, and I sit at my still, and if whiskey don’t kill me, I don’t know what will”.  Plan to listen to it first and toast Bob with some of his own label’s bourbon or rye.  Then listen to the rest of the playlist which goes hours.

Man! I've heard about list-making as a common feature of OCD, but that's taking it to a new level! Are you sure you're not on the autism spectrum, @sfcityduck? LOL

Just kidding! I think all of us collectors are a little OCD.