• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther 1 Black & White J. Scott Campbell
2 2

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any info on this particular book? I have a copy of it that I got as a freebie from the Marvel Booth at NYCC a number of years ago. When I was doing an inventory recently, I looked the book up on Covrprice.com and a Raw book sold for $3K and CGC graded went for $5K. Was this a super low print run? Just curious as I was floored when I saw the prices. 

32F96FF1-8F06-4C3F-A9B4-7BBFF819AEAA.jpeg

It is rare. I read somewhere it has an estimated print run of 200 but who knows. 1st cover appearance of Shuri as Black Panther helps the value. There is a 9.8 on heritage auctions right now so we will see what that goes for.

Here is a little more info on it

https://recalledcomics.com/BlackPanther1PartialSketch2009.php

On 8/29/2022 at 12:12 AM, hym122 said:

Does anyone have any info on this particular book? I have a copy of it that I got as a freebie from the Marvel Booth at NYCC a number of years ago. When I was doing an inventory recently, I looked the book up on Covrprice.com and a Raw book sold for $3K and CGC graded went for $5K. Was this a super low print run? Just curious as I was floored when I saw the prices. 

32F96FF1-8F06-4C3F-A9B4-7BBFF819AEAA.jpeg

I got a copy at NYCC as well. I'm pretty sure they gave these out at a panel though, not at the booth. I sold mine way too early. Got $800 for a 9.6

These sorts of panel-exclusive giveaways are often really hard to find copies of. This one happens to also be the first cover appearance of a character who was a big hit in the MCU, so it has that going for it also. And, frankly, it's a sharp-looking book. I like the partial sketch variant much, much more than the fully realized cover art.