• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Title recommendations wanted
2 2

36 posts in this topic

On 8/29/2022 at 5:39 PM, Turnando said:

Manhattan Projects, Space Riders, WE3, Orbiter, Prophet, God Hates Astronauts, Ed Piskor's stuff, Jesse Jacob's stuff, Descender, Low, 

You named a ton of books - if you had to pick one of those - which would you start with?

On 8/29/2022 at 9:43 PM, stephenlev said:

You named a ton of books - if you had to pick one of those - which would you start with?

From that list, Manhattan Projects.  Wonderfully bizarre.  

Black Hammer is another really good title from Image  Dark Horse.

Edited by chrisco37
Cuz I don't pay attention

Some random highly regarded current titles....

The Boys  (fresh take on heroes)

Something is Killing the Children 

Saga

Nice House on the Lake

Department of Truth 

And another fresh take on superheroes that I Iike is Astro City

On 8/30/2022 at 5:38 PM, stephenlev said:

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone! I have a lot of reading to do. Ordered the first book of the Manhattan Projects and a few books of the Wheton X-Men, and when I'm done reading those I'll return to this thread!

Manhattan Projects is good, but quite a bizarre comic book in places. The art might be polarising and not to everyone’s taste.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I like pretty much all of Jonathan Hickman’s mainstream series; FF, Avengers, Secret Wars, X-Men.

I think the Manhattan Projects is a great start.  Bizarre, yes.  In a good way.  

I split my time between 2 locations and the Manhattan Projects is the only one of my many TPB collections that I have moved back and forth... On a plane... As heavy luggage... To read over and over again.  I think I've read it 4 times.  I wouldn't trust anyone who didn't like it.