• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Point Five's 3rd Annual Grading Contest: ROUND 3 BOOKS!
5 5

69 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2022 at 2:48 AM, Cman429 said:

All I wanted was to not embarrass myself. Yay for being dead last!! I swear I had 5.5 and 4 in the last round then read the graders notes over and over until I talked myself into stupidly low guesses.

:Insert gif of Wiley Coyote dropping an anvil on his own head. 

At least you're tied for dead last. It's nice having company down here for once. Got a drink? 

On 8/31/2022 at 5:59 PM, Cat said:
On 8/30/2022 at 10:48 AM, Cman429 said:

All I wanted was to not embarrass myself. Yay for being dead last!! I swear I had 5.5 and 4 in the last round then read the graders notes over and over until I talked myself into stupidly low guesses.

:Insert gif of Wiley Coyote dropping an anvil on his own head. 

At least you're tied for dead last. It's nice having company down here for once. Got a drink? 

Nowhere to go but up :Rocket:

6. Out of the Shadows #9

A bunch of you were savvier than me and nailed this one. In hand I was pretty sure of a 4.5... ah well. Such a pretty black cover and the gloss looks wet. Nice supple flat book, no spine splits. Guess it's one of those accumulation-of-small-flaws kind of things? 

outoftheshadows9.thumb.JPG.c6485789981e0ad7f1b9c3ca77577033.JPG

On 8/31/2022 at 7:04 PM, Point Five said:

6. Out of the Shadows #9

A bunch of you were savvier than me and nailed this one. In hand I was pretty sure of a 4.5... ah well. Such a pretty black cover and the gloss looks wet. Nice supple flat book, no spine splits. Guess it's one of those accumulation-of-small-flaws kind of things? 

outoftheshadows9.thumb.JPG.c6485789981e0ad7f1b9c3ca77577033.JPG

I agree with you - definitely a 4.5! Make sure when you resub you put a post-it on the Mylar to let the graders know @Black_Adam said they were a grade too low. :sumo: