• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC's Updated Policy on After Market Covers
2 2

7 posts in this topic

In light of CGC's new updated policy on after market covers attached to books (i.e. Black Flag's acetate covers) now receiving green labels or, in the event of Signature Series, yellow/green labels, would the book below be regraded and assigned a yellow/green label, and an actual grade instead of the current NG, if sent in to CGC for a reholder?

KidMMTotleben.jpg.c5a54ae3c3db2f98b1a889a7a4fc4305.jpg 

• Administrator

Hello Ryan! 

Thank you for the question! I have reached out to our graders regarding this specific book for more information about the possible grade change. Once I have more information I will let you know! Thank you for your patience!

• Administrator

Hey @Ryan.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Our graders have been discussing this situation. Since the instance of the Acetate C2E21 covers occurred, our teams are doing their best to review all these occurrences to give our customers the best answers for situations like your book. Once I have an answer for you I will let you know. Thank you for your patience!

• Administrator

@Ryan.

This book will still be an NG. Based on what we've announced with the Acetate books, we stated that it has to be worked out with CGC ahead of time and directly with the artist themselves. This was submitted prior to that, without our knowledge ahead of time and put together by an unknown party. Because of this, the book's grade would not change. I am sorry for the delay this has caused. Let us know if you have any other questions! Have a great day!

On 9/22/2022 at 10:46 AM, MattM CS said:

@Ryan.

This book will still be an NG. Based on what we've announced with the Acetate books, we stated that it has to be worked out with CGC ahead of time and directly with the artist themselves. This was submitted prior to that, without our knowledge ahead of time and put together by an unknown party. Because of this, the book's grade would not change. I am sorry for the delay this has caused. Let us know if you have any other questions! Have a great day!

Thanks, Matt.