• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broken CGC cases / Defects....does CGC regrade or just reholder?

8 posts in this topic

This hasn't happened to me yet fortunately, but if you end up with damaged slabs coming to you from CGC or other quality control issues that lead to them reholdering them free of charge, do they regrade the book or just slap it in a slab and send it back?

On 9/9/2022 at 11:13 AM, southern cross said:

I may need to get a re-holder at some stage. I've no interest in selling though.

Would anyone re-holder this or just keep it as is?

Screenshot_20220909-081137.thumb.png.5489bb3c68fb1102408aa2246dbd4a86.png

If it doesn't bother you, I'd keep as is until you decide it may be time to pass along the collection.... by then CGC may have a new and improved case.

On 9/7/2022 at 1:35 PM, NumminzAK said:

This hasn't happened to me yet fortunately, but if you end up with damaged slabs coming to you from CGC or other quality control issues that lead to them reholdering them free of charge, do they regrade the book or just slap it in a slab and send it back?

On 9/8/2022 at 8:37 AM, NumminzAK said:

All of my latest interactions with CGC have resulted in them basically saying "It wasn't us...nothing you can do." This company has become a joke and people should stop using them.

So if it hasn't happened to you yet what interactions are you having with CGC that makes you so bitter towards them?