• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shops around Charleston, SC?

3 posts in this topic

Just found out I'm heading there on a trip later this month.  No clue if I'll have a chance to look, but fingers crossed.

https://www.comicshoplocator.com     is giving all of 3 hits.

Google is adding 1-2 more, and several used book stores.  Unfortunately the nearest 2nd and Charles looks like its 120 miles away (too bad, I'm a West coaster and was always curious about that store).

My focus is Crisis thru Flashpoint Superman (1987 - 2011).  Nothing lights up my day more than finding that rare higher printing that only 2 dozen people care about and is generally worthless (low value + rare = a true hunt).  Unfortunately that means sorting through A LOT of drek.

If anyone's got any recommendations you're willing to pass on I'd really appreciate it!!

Thanks @Terry JSA that was just the kind of shop I was looking for.  Well above average for floor area (at least compared to the Seattle area).  Friendly staff, LOTS of dollar bins, well stocked regular bins, pricing felt about right.

I ended up only having one evening to hunt, ended up hitting Captain's and Mr. K's used book store (VERY well stocked for a used book store).  The highlight is here, not worth much, but it is a 1:25 that's been on my list for a while (I'm too cheap to pay for shipping on a single book in that price range).  First time I've seen one in the wild (they had two!).  Most of what I got ended up being modern newsstands (I'll post photo's in that thread, some were as new as 2016/2017!!!).

IMG_0530.thumb.JPG.5df789a6ff927b2f7eb9f31a625ec63d.JPG