• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vault comics is back.. and trying to scam people on eBay
1 1

47 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2022 at 1:38 AM, jason4 said:

Thanks yeah I figured it was inevitable. I find out on the 15th and so does one of the other people hes trying to scam. After that it's either 1. Continue selling on ebay and video at post office entire box and ship process and send it to buyer for grails from now on to deter this nonsense further or 2. Never use ebay again and take this guy to small claims. 

Take him to small claims 

On 9/12/2022 at 9:16 AM, Courageous Cat said:

This would be my worst fear realized and I don't know how u could prove that it actually made it to the buyer

I make a video of the packaging process and turning the item over to USPS/UPS/FedEx for high value comics. I inform the buyer and request they record unpacking. It takes time, but after seeing this same problem occur to friends who sold electronics, it puts this behavior to rest. And for what it's worth, I record the opening of any high value comic I purchase. 

So sad we have to take these steps.

I recommend you find as many people as possible who have had/reported problems with the buyer and hopefully eBay will listen and take action.

On 9/12/2022 at 6:07 AM, jason4 said:

He said the missing books from comic shipments are happening to all his friends too. smh. I hope ebay does not side with him. The weight on the delivery is almost 3 pounds. Give me a break. 

Request the name and details of "said" instances of missing books and capture his response. This is all fodder for your case.

On 9/13/2022 at 4:35 AM, WolverineX said:

Take him to small claims 

What if you live in a different state?  You gonna spring for plane tickets, hotel, filing fees, and lost time away from work to chase down someone over a few hundred bucks worth of comics? 

If this guy is using the U.S. Mail to defraud someone out of property, file a mail fraud claim with the USPIS.  They live for this stuff and they don't play around with people using the mail to commit fraud. 

On 9/13/2022 at 3:50 PM, FFB said:

What if you live in a different state?  You gonna spring for plane tickets, hotel, filing fees, and lost time away from work to chase down someone over a few hundred bucks worth of comics? 

If this guy is using the U.S. Mail to defraud someone out of property, file a mail fraud claim with the USPIS.  They live for this stuff and they don't play around with people using the mail to commit fraud. 

Few hundred, no.  

Few thousand,  yes. 

On 9/13/2022 at 11:50 AM, Upgrayedd2 said:

I make a video of the packaging process and turning the item over to USPS/UPS/FedEx for high value comics. I inform the buyer and request they record unpacking.

What happens if they don't record

On 9/13/2022 at 6:01 PM, Ares said:

What happens if they don't record

eBay could see the request as a sent preemptive clue to any complaint? 

But I thought the same thing, all I could think of, just like a clause of stating it in a listing before being bought, idk. Something has to be done, maybe. 

On 9/14/2022 at 3:07 PM, BrianHoward said:

He's trying to scam us too... Won a run of ASM #300 - #400.. Months after it was delivered he wrote us claiming that ALL of the keys were missing and more....  He claimed the package was sitting with his doorman for months because he was out of town. I know there is no way we didn't include those books (due to our procedures), but gave him the benefit of the doubt that someone at his location may have tampered with the package. I was trying to assist him still. 

Then just 2 weeks ago he won a run of X-Men #12 - 66... He wrote us right after receiving the run and claimed that issue #35 was missing. In light of what he said on the other run and the fact that I had our shipping dept. record itemization and packing of this order I knew right away he was lying. 

This thread was great confirmation.  Beware indeed. 

Can you tell me your ebay ID? I call ebay every day with any new info I find. Hopefully they connect the dots and cancel all his scams and ban him. Mine is miller_collection99 if you call and mention what hes doing to me also. They "step in" on my case in the 16th. 

Edited by jason4

On 9/13/2022 at 9:11 AM, FFB said:

I think you mean "Tell the USPIS," not ebayEbay's investigations suck. 

The United States Postal Inspection Service investigates mail fraud and they do NOT F around.  https://www.uspis.gov/report

If this happened to me even once, I would file a report with the USPIS. 

I actually think the better initial chess move is to tell Ebay that you want a legal claim filed by either them or the buyer before you will accept any outcome that impugns your (sellers) integrity and indicates that you committed a crime.  When someone falsely accuses you of a crime, demanding that they put it on the record through an official filing with law enforcement will often cause them to back off.  I think this could cause Ebay to take the seller out of the loop and make it an issue between Ebay and the buyer.  If that didn't work, then I would go to step #2 and file my own USPIS claim as a seller.  By constantly siding with the buyer without proper investigations, Ebay has been complicit in mail fraud for a long time in my opinion.  They encourage it by making it easy for buyers to scam sellers through their platform without proper investigation and without even filing a legal claim.     

Edited by Nick Furious

On 9/11/2022 at 4:53 PM, jason4 said:

Good old Gianni Amato, formerly of the vault grading fiasco linked here

Bought a walking dead 1 cgc 9.4 from me on Ebay. Sends message 7 days later after signing for it that the box was empty. Ya sure. Wish I would have known about him before selling to him. How has ebay not banned this guy? Did the same thing to another seller over a 2000.00 acetate variant of ult fallout 4 Of all comics of course he buys that POS. 

Also took a secret wars 8 out of a 1-12 listing and said it wasnt in the box to scam yet another person. I have messages and screenshots from everyone hes been scamming lately. 

Waiting for ebay to investigate while holding my funds. 

Do yourself a favor, if you sell on ebay or anywhere ban this user : comicart1

Gianna Amato of NYC

Screenshot_20220911-184824_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220911-193632_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220911-174742_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220911-193647_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220911-175050_eBay.jpg

Best strategy would have been to initiate a 'not as described' and send 'im back the empty box.  That would get faster more surefire results.  fight fire with fire.

Him to ebay: "He returned a empty box!"
You: "as you can see from the pics I took the box I returned weighed exactly the same as the box he sent me".

On 9/14/2022 at 8:47 PM, Nick Furious said:

I actually think the better initial chess move is to tell Ebay that you want a legal claim filed by either them or the buyer before you will accept any outcome that impugns your (sellers) integrity and indicates that you committed a crime.  When someone falsely accuses you of a crime, demanding that they put it on the record through an official filing with law enforcement will often cause them to back off.  I think this could cause Ebay to take the seller out of the loop and make it an issue between Ebay and the buyer.  If that didn't work, then I would go to step #2 and file my own USPIS claim as a seller.  By constantly siding with the buyer without proper investigations, Ebay has been complicit in mail fraud for a long time in my opinion.  They encourage it by making it easy for buyers to scam sellers through their platform without proper investigation and without even filing a legal claim.     

What's the next chess move when ebay ignores your request and sides with the buyer?