• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Standard Submission Skipped Pressing, ME Re-submit also skipped again?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I apologize that I already have correspondence going with your email service team, but the anxiety is starting to build up a little and I'm afraid I have not received any clarity on my issue.

History:

I submitted a Standard sub, received on 5/25/22 for CCS C&P, then of course Standard Grading. That specific submission went from "Received at CCS" to "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" on June 13th, 2022. I never noted any "CCS In Process" status. When I inquired over email, the CS rep said it did indeed skip pressing, and they would expedite it back to CCS. After another 2 months (plus or minus a few days), the status finally went to "Grading/Quality Control" and then "Shipped" on August 5th. When I reviewed the grader notes (thank goodness they were provided), the bulk of them were indeed "good pressing defects" as per the CCS website. I asked CS, and a different rep did confirm they were not pressed and offered to re-submit as ME with priority TATs. So, they were sent back in their slabs as an ME with specific notes in the Packing list "Skipped pressing, please press and regrade" as per the CS rep instructions on all 3 items.

image.thumb.png.da024dc2785152e047877abdc4909915.png

Newest Concern:

On 8/19 they were received back at CCS (see image below) as an ME. In case the images are not clear, here is the sub info: Order: CGC5909669660, Submission #: 4114008.

image.thumb.png.79d1fa42e906f8f6c4f0e4bb442640bb.png

However, on 8/26/22, these went again from "Received at CCS" direct to "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" without any "CCS In Process" or CGC received date update, and now they have been "stuck" for the last 2.5 weeks with nothing happening.

As I understand, when a shipment goes from CCS to CGC, the "received date" is updated to reflect that transfer, yet here again on the ME re-sub, I do not see that. Just like my original order that never properly transferred from CCS (the received date had never updated after the original "Received at CCS" as shown below which is a solid clue something was missed).

image.thumb.png.732790e1bc3f8202b9b0fea6dfd1ed6f.png

So, I asked over email, and I was told they will look deeper into it (and I am still waiting on that response), so I'm sorry for "cross-support-posts" between email and forum, but I really want these done properly, and now it's been seemingly stalled (I was also told ME's are done very fast) and I'm worried I'll have to submit again for a 3rd time. 

I appreciate any clarity on these books.

Thank you!!

• Administrator

Hello,

We understand your concern! We have contacted our verification team to ensure these books are being pressed as requested and we will let you know the answer as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

• Administrator

@circuitryusa Just so you have some more information...

Mechanical Errors are handled differently than normal submissions. Because the online submission form does not allow for MEs to be selected for pressing, this is handled in house. We do not allow for customers to select this option because we must review each submission for its specific needs in house. When an ME is received it is normally sent straight through to the "Grading, encapsulation, imaging" stage. This is because under normal circumstances all that is needed is for the book to be reholdered. 

In cases where the book needs to go to pressing, it will be cracked out of its slab after reviewing the problem and then the book will be hand delivered to CCS to start the process. CCS is a long process and depends on each books needs. For MEs this pressing process can take 2-8 weeks. Then the book is reviewed by our grading team and lastly sent through encapsulation. Through most of this process you will not see any changes to your submission tracking. Rest assured our team in house is still working on processing this collectible through the system. Thank you for your patience! Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Hi @MattM CS, Is it possible to get an update on this order? I hate to be a pain, but these are my most expensive books I ever submitted and it's been now over 4.5 months since I had them in my hands (for more than the 1 hour turn-around to submit as ME).

I understand what you wrote above about up to 8 weeks for an ME, but this was originally a "Standard" submission, and now this ME resubmit is adding many many weeks to the original expectations I had for this.

Originally submitted: 5/25/22, Sub number: 4070584 (has already shipped, it's just for historical context)

ME Re-Sub number: 4114008 (the one I am trying to track now)

Much appreciated if you can help narrow it down for me if it is post-pressing, SFG, G/E/I or other... thanks!

• Administrator

Hello @circuitryusa

Thank you for reaching back out. Your books are currently still scheduled to be pressed at this time. We are experiencing extended delays due to the recent hurricane that has affected our area and we do appreciate your patience as we try to catch up on submissions such as these. We do sincerely apologize for the delays. 

Thanks @CMatthews, Absolutely... I'm just happy your team is all safe and secure! Just wanted to set my own expectations for anticipated completion. Thanks for confirming.

And, your team has no need to apologize for the Hurricane... your response has been stellar and you put your customers and own families as dual-priorities which is more than some other industries/companies do in times of severe distress.

Edited by circuitryusa