• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submitting Factory Sealed Comic Books
1 1

3 posts in this topic

ok, so....  Need to submit a factory sealed comic that has cards in it, and one has an extra comic book inside  (TOPPS Jurassic Park Raptor #1 (of 2)

i need that CGC label is what it is,., in order to get a good price.

Do I need to scissor the top  or do the graders do that part.  (I want the graders to be happy when they grade my comic books of course) 

• Administrator

CGC does not certify books that are sealed in a manufacturer's poly-bag. To have a poly-bagged book certified by CGC, you must either remove the book from its poly-bag or send written approval authorizing CGC to remove it. The words “Poly-bag removed” will appear in the key comments section on the CGC label.

The label will not specify if any loose item was in the poly-bag with the comic. When the comic graders remove items from a poly-bagged comic, the items are returned to the submitter in a separate mylar/bag and board.

On 9/14/2022 at 8:07 PM, Old Proletariat said:

ok, so....  Need to submit a factory sealed comic that has cards in it, and one has an extra comic book inside  (TOPPS Jurassic Park Raptor #1 (of 2)

i need that CGC label is what it is,., in order to get a good price.

Do I need to scissor the top  or do the graders do that part.  (I want the graders to be happy when they grade my comic books of course) 

Very generally, I have learned from experience that just because a book is in a polybag does not mean it is necessarily great condition.  Since CGC will remove the book anyways, in MOST cases in makes more sense for you to remove the book yourself AND examine the book yourself to see if the grade is high enough to grade based on your own personal subjective criteria.  This will also help you better preserve the condition of the card, in the event that you want to collect/grade the card.

General advice, not required of course.  Good luck