• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1961 Fantastic Four #1 CGC 1.5 SS Stan Lee - Auction started at .99
4 4

62 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2022 at 5:31 AM, Larryw7 said:

He's lying about being an Overstreet Advisor. He was "defrocked" in the 49th edition.

The following email was sent to him asking about this claim in his auction. :angel:

Dylan,
Why are you stating that you are an Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide Advisor?  That is not true.  You used to be an advisor for them, but no longer are.  In your Ebay auctions, you mention your market report in the 50th edition.....but that was two years ago.  Your claim that you ARE an advisor is deceptive.

Edited by Domo Arigato

On 9/17/2022 at 5:28 PM, Krismusic said:

If someone wins this auction I’m guessing Dylan might not send the book? Was there something about that on the boards a while ago or is my memory not correct? 

In fairness to Dylan I don't ever remember him not sending the book. 

There were questions about how he described books (over grading) and some questionable behavior with the blue character labels and not disclosing restoration. 

But I think what really made him a board super villain was his adversarial personality...  The behavior that ultimately got him on the probation list and subsequently band was boarderline harassment. It was really disappointing to see, especially because the person he was harassing is a great member of the community and a very nice person. 

On 9/17/2022 at 7:33 PM, KCOComics said:

In fairness to Dylan I don't ever remember him not sending the book. 

There were questions about how he described books (over grading) and some questionable behavior with the blue character labels and not disclosing restoration. 

But I think what really made him a board super villain was his adversarial personality...  The behavior that ultimately got him on the probation list and subsequently band was boarderline harassment. It was really disappointing to see, especially because the person he was harassing is a great member of the community and a very nice person. 

A very glossed over depiction 

Dylan is a sociopath who tried to bully someone into selling a book

He was motivated by greed and self absorbed ambition

He is a despicable human being, the real tragedy being, its not uncommon 

On 9/17/2022 at 7:33 PM, Domo Arigato said:

The following email was sent to him asking about this claim in his auction. :angel:

Dylan,
Why are you stating that you are an Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide Advisor?  That is not true.  You used to be an advisor for them, but no longer are.  In your Ebay auctions, you mention your market report in the 50th edition.....but that was two years ago.  Your claim that you ARE an advisor is deceptive.

A reply was received......it was Overstreet's fault......and his "teams" fault......(tagging @Polonsky since he was mentioned unnecessarily as well):

To answer your question: Overstreet never notified me saying I'm not! I have no reason to suggest otherwise in that we've sold millions of dollars of comic books. In fact all other advisors have made mistakes in their journeys as well and here we are. Isn't making mistakes and learning a part of the process?

A few of the mistakes we've made are:

-Not having someone on my team check if CGC messed up ie Character Labels before getting listed (pulled promptly, canceled all orders)

-Having our team grade comics remotely (changed that long ago, refined grading standards to tight letter grades as good as Blissard)

-Struggling to let ex-friends like Polonsky go even if they're making a mean/unfair decision (I have better things to do these days and more than enough choices to who I can surround myself with) Have you ever struggled with letting an old friend that just changed overnight go forever? I have multiple times. It's painful but I live and learn. I've found that sometimes you just gotta let go like I should have sooner with Polonsky, it seems like this thread is having the same issue. It's often easier to criticize others but when we look within we all have our own things to work on as much as nobody wants to admit it

By the way, I asked you this question on July 8th 2022 via email but unfortunately did not receive a response:

"Lori, how many people on these boards who comment about anything related to our company have had an in-person, telephone or video conversation with me or a member of our team in the past 2 years?"

I would love to continue our relationship but if it's not gonna be a 2-way street it's not gonna work between us :)
Whatever happens I wish you all the best and a fantastic year!

Respectfully yours,
-Dylan

On 9/18/2022 at 3:46 PM, Domo Arigato said:

A reply was received......it was Overstreet's fault......and his "teams" fault......(tagging @Polonsky since he was mentioned unnecessarily as well):

To answer your question: Overstreet never notified me saying I'm not! I have no reason to suggest otherwise in that we've sold millions of dollars of comic books. In fact all other advisors have made mistakes in their journeys as well and here we are. Isn't making mistakes and learning a part of the process?

A few of the mistakes we've made are:

-Not having someone on my team check if CGC messed up ie Character Labels before getting listed (pulled promptly, canceled all orders)

-Having our team grade comics remotely (changed that long ago, refined grading standards to tight letter grades as good as Blissard)

-Struggling to let ex-friends like Polonsky go even if they're making a mean/unfair decision (I have better things to do these days and more than enough choices to who I can surround myself with) Have you ever struggled with letting an old friend that just changed overnight go forever? I have multiple times. It's painful but I live and learn. I've found that sometimes you just gotta let go like I should have sooner with Polonsky, it seems like this thread is having the same issue. It's often easier to criticize others but when we look within we all have our own things to work on as much as nobody wants to admit it

By the way, I asked you this question on July 8th 2022 via email but unfortunately did not receive a response:

"Lori, how many people on these boards who comment about anything related to our company have had an in-person, telephone or video conversation with me or a member of our team in the past 2 years?"

I would love to continue our relationship but if it's not gonna be a 2-way street it's not gonna work between us :)
Whatever happens I wish you all the best and a fantastic year!

Respectfully yours,
-Dylan

Give me his number 

On 9/18/2022 at 5:15 PM, Domo Arigato said:

It's listed on his website here. :shiftyeyes:

Interesting 

Has a BBB rating of A+, except its just a .jpg, not a link to the site...

Wonder if I'll get Paul or Dylan answering the phone

On 9/18/2022 at 5:48 PM, Domo Arigato said:

If you're wondering why it's just a .jpg......

Bizzaro world rating on his website:

1161363272_FakeBBB.jpg.fd21226ca512d66e9e4d3ca1ac376c11.jpg

Real rating from the BBB website:

BBB.thumb.jpg.71b20d44a39a0eb4288af50969c23ef1.jpg

Yup exactly 

The fraud checkmarks are adding up

On 9/18/2022 at 6:02 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Wait - is this the same Dylan from the Probie thread that was TALKING ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME with that sideways deal with Polonsky?

On 9/18/2022 at 6:07 PM, The Meta said:

Yasss

Oh brother...

maxresdefault.jpg

On 9/18/2022 at 5:48 PM, Domo Arigato said:

If you're wondering why it's just a .jpg......

Rating according to his website:

1161363272_FakeBBB.jpg.fd21226ca512d66e9e4d3ca1ac376c11.jpg

Real rating from the BBB website:

BBB.thumb.jpg.71b20d44a39a0eb4288af50969c23ef1.jpg

Also, technically his website can be reported to his domain provider for being fraudulent. However, all he would have to do is remove the .jpg

On 9/18/2022 at 7:11 PM, The Meta said:

Also, technically his website can be reported to his domain provider for being fraudulent. However, all he would have to do is remove the .jpg

I wonder what the BBB would do if they caught wind of him using a fradulent rating on his website? 

On 9/18/2022 at 6:18 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I wonder what the BBB would do if they caught wind of him using a fradulent rating on his website? 

I'm sure they deal with it all the time, again probably no repercussions, but it wouldn't hurt to let them know

Make sure to give them the number he's posted

On 9/18/2022 at 7:20 PM, The Meta said:

I'm sure they deal with it all the time, again probably no repercussions, but it wouldn't hurt to let them know

Make sure to give them the number he's posted

I didn't contact Dylan or the BBB about this......but received the following email at around 2pm this afternoon:

We apologize that it says BBB rating of A+ instead of the accurate: A. We are changing it right now.

Somebody must be watching this forum.

Plus, I just checked their website.......and, of course, nothing has been changed.