• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bags and Boards For Famous First Edition Series
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I see BCW has Treasury Edition bags and boards that I think will work for my Superman vs Spider-man book, but the DC Famous 1st Edition books are about 0.5" taller.  Will it work for those, too?  Anyone using something else?

On 9/18/2022 at 4:20 PM, Hottoman said:

That's the one shot from '79. Is it the same size as the originals from '74/75?

Deep nerd knowledge. I knew that guy didn’t look right compared to most Famous First Edition’s banners. Might not fit the earlier ones. Sorry for the misinformation. 

Edited by ThothAmon

So I bought the BCW Treasury sized bags and boards and they are not so good.  The length is the problem with the boards.  They are supposed to be 13.5 inches tall, but mine arrived 13 and 3/8 tall which is too short by way too much for me, especially since the board should be slightly taller than the book.  Here is how it looks with my Treasury Edition book.20220920_163520.thumb.jpg.da11c22919e5a04f5b3952e28cf5a2c0.jpg20220920_163506.thumb.jpg.d1a469d40b05d8debf2313bb9259eae7.jpg

By the way, they fit my Superman vs Spider-man book perfectly but it was a tight fit, a little tighter than I feel comfortable sliding into the bag.  I've learned that this book is called a "one shot" and is actually not a Treasury Edition.  I've also learned that BCW makes bags and boards for Life Magazine which are just slightly taller and wider.  I've ordered some and I'm hopeful they will work out.

Edited by RobHW