• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very High Grade OW-W Pages Value Hit
2 2

8 posts in this topic

From what I've seen:

Modern 30-40% less
Copper 15-25% less
Bronze 5-20% less
Silver - White commands a premium over OW/W. Seem to be a  faction of collectors who value White pages nearly above all. Some of them have mentioned they would rather a 9.4w than 9.6ow/w. As for me on a Silver Age book I'll take the 9.6 ow/w any day...

Newb Pandemic era buyers may not have shown any concern with page quality but as they incur heavy negative ROI's and exit the hobby many less buyers will paying the "White" price for ow/w or lower on Copper or later books.

There are many variables of course and I could be way off on everything :) 

Edited by MAR1979

Not sure what the drop-off is for OW/W, but it's something. Depends on era of the book.

I've seen OW/W become W on a regrade, and vice versa, that I don't pay much attention to page quality unless it's 90's book and up, and even then, cover appearance trumps page quality every day.

Certainly to some extent the actual book would matter and the keyness/rareness of the book in whatever grade.  But very very generally (but certainly not always), the older the book the less it matters.

So the answer is... it depends.

It can make a 100% difference.   There are guy's on this board, only buying W pages books in 9.4-9.6 exclusively.    The difficulty of a book will force their hand to buy a OW/W book.   Then it's down to how badly you want a difficult, or rare book hitting the market.