• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM TEEN TITANS #12 FA
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Got it for $15, but Idk this book to well, I'm thinking it is VF- 

some of it is pristine, like most moderns, but then the defects I'm not sure how to grade it as easy, as copper or bronze; looks 7.5? 

teen titans #12 Fa BWL front.jpg

teen titans #12 fa bwl back.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

there's a light line on the left side of both images. Is that on the comic, or something with the photo/scanner? I think 7.5 is the best-case scenario. Those spine creases along with this being a 5 year old book, I suspect you're looking at a 6.5/7.0 

On 9/24/2022 at 6:07 PM, scburdet said:

there's a light line on the left side of both images. Is that on the comic, or something with the photo/scanner? I think 7.5 is the best-case scenario. Those spine creases along with this being a 5 year old book, I suspect you're looking at a 6.5/7.0 

It's the scanner.

Yes was thinking 7.5 best case, as press won't help, 7.0 is probably an immediate score. Idk I think the other edges look well off enough to keep it from 6.5, as surely the "ticks" wouldn't cause less than that. The scuffs bottom of spine at back put it at 8.0, but the rest of the ticks and crunch corner probably 7.0. 

I'm not sure that it would fall below that :wishluck: 

But I'm not sure why the scanner does that, all canon printers I've owned have done that so (shrug) 

Depending on severity of crunch and if through the entire book, I've seen 8.5-9.2, but that color loss keeps it 8.0/8.5 on back and the other issues .....

Still I think enough of it is salvaged to warrant a VF even if it is F/VF :wishluck:

others thoughts? 

On 9/28/2022 at 11:33 AM, Galen130 said:

It's appreciated! The "ticks" may be a bit numerous or even the crunch corner, the reason I thought maybe 7.5, too? Is because they're all small in width? Maybe a couple of millimeters? Lol.

I hope!

On 9/28/2022 at 10:43 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's appreciated! The "ticks" may be a bit numerous or even the crunch corner, the reason I thought maybe 7.5, too? Is because they're all small in width? Maybe a couple of millimeters? Lol.

I hope!

That top spine corner doesn’t help either. 🤣