• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does CGC Have A "Second Look" Service?

3 posts in this topic

Hi!

This is in regards to Submission 4124199.  Now you have to understand, I am very meticulous about the books I send in for grading.  Even using a magnifying glass to look for flaws. So when the above mentioned submission status changed to Shipped and I saw the grades, I was like, "What the heck?"  Line item 4 in particular.  I thought was a sure fire 9.8 but it instead it received a 9.4?  Now I realize grader notes are put in at the discretion of the grader but they would have really helped here to help me understand why the 9.4.

Yesterday, my Submission arrived on my doorstep.  I immediately looked at all the slabs and now I'm even more confused.  All of these books look immaculate.  There are no spine creases, corner dings, print burns, etc.  The only odd thing I noticed was that they were all encapsulated in holders far too large for the books' size.

The only conclusion I can come up with is, "Was the grader for this submission having a bad day and decided to take it out on my books?

Circling back to the main question - Does CGC have a Second Look service?  Especially for that 9.4?

Thank you!

• Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for your question. CGC does not have an appearance review service. If you would like this books to be reviewed, you would need to resubmit for grading. Please note, every book is reviewed by multiple graders prior to being assigned a final grade. I am sorry that no grader notes were taken on your item.  The grader notes are not required nor a guaranteed part of the grading service. Since no notes were taken by the grading team, there is no further information I can provide to you regarding the grade of your item. I apologize for any inconvenience. Let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

By definition it would be (Webster: "consisting of, including, or involving more than one.")

Edit:  This was originally in response to a comment that asked if "multiple" was now referring to just two [graders reviewing a comic book].

Edited by Donald Jack