• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed - Pure Carp - Closed
5 5

206 posts in this topic

WALL OF TEXT

Shipping: Books will go priority shipping or first class, depending on the circumstances and postal/sexual preferences of the buyer. And at your expense.

Payment: Checks, M.O.s & well concealed Cash are accepted.  And trades are great if you've got high-grade stuff to alure the elder four-color collector.
No Poohpal, Venmo, livestock, beads (especially not THOSE kind), trinkets or jewelry.

Grading: I have been in the hobby for almost 50 years..., yes, I am ALMOST Social Security drawing old. I try to be conservative in grading, and have cracked about 400++ slabs, so am in tune mostly with CGCs random grading practices through the ages. I can show you 9.0s that are 9.6s and 9.6s that are 9.0s. Consistency-shartmistency.

Return Policy: Yep!  However, please don't try to return something because you failed to read the detailed description. Would really prefer not to take returns on CGC graded stuff - I will pull the grader notes for you if you want - I'm a subscriber! Of course, it seems most of the time they are "unavailable"..., probably for good reason.

Doing it:  You can do it in the thread, you can do it via PM, you can do it in the road.  In the case of ties, it goes to the PM. In the case of the road..., man, I am not therapy, but I think I have been there. 

Kudos Thread?  I don't have one because they are stupid, worthless and weak.  I have many credible and incredible references available upon request. Even some Canadians. Which I ship packages to frequently.

Edited by lizards2

:news: SOLD!!! :news: 
Brave and the Bold #89, CGC 9.4 OW/W pages. $175 due to slab damage.
Batman and the Phantom Stranger

Looks like Robin is a little stiff in the background.  I do not have a back cover scan/photo of this one, but the BC is clean and white. I can try a photo with my cell phone if interested. The slab was damaged in shipping when it was sent to me - see lower down pics.  There is no damage to the book. Phantom Strangers seem to be boinking the sky lately.

BB89cgc9.4.thumb.jpeg.8f6dde135acb72c8dfe4fd3846345e6e.jpegResized952022040395130448957544.thumb.jpg.209d0149894345af26a307dec38f99dc.jpgResized952022040395130522955520.thumb.jpg.4c88f131de3b255ec62442fc91b5b3cb.jpg

Edited by lizards2

I have made major inroads into my Baby Huey collection this month. But duh, I still seem to have duplicates. If you're a Baby Huey fan, my condolences. But buy this - it is one of seven highest graded copies, and does not have cream pages, so is therefore sexier than your......., girlfriend. And pm me for a bountiful list of undercopies.

Baby Huey Duckland #14 CGC 9.4 OW/W pages $65.  File copy!
Second to last issue of this Baby Huey spin-off satellite series!
Baby Huey is about to be discovered by the investor crowd - I can feel it. :shiftyeyes:

BabyHuey14cgc94-1.jpg

BabyHuey14cgc94bc-1.jpg

Strange Adventures #117, CGC 4.5 OW pages $222
Origin and first appearance of the Atomic Knights. :banana:
Just in time! Contains helpful hints on surviving WW III. :banana:
Another classic DC gorilla cover!!! :banana:

StrAdv117cgc4.jpg

StrAdv117cgc3.jpg

StrAdv117cgc2.jpg

StrAdv117cgc1.jpg

Strange Adventures #160 CGC 9.0 OW/W pages $175
Last Atomic Knights. :frown:
Seriously hard to find HG issue. There is one 9.4, one 9.2 and five 9.0s in the Census.
Nice cover whites, clean back cover. Rare as hen's teeth in high grade.

SA160cgc9.0.jpg

sa160cgc9.0bc.jpg

Strange Adventures #223, CGC 9.2 OW pages $70
Second Atomic Knights Cover! :cheers:
Wait, I thought #160 was the last issue?  ??? 
Anyway, KEWL Murphy Anderson cover! :yeehaw:

SA223CGC92.jpg

SA223cgcbc.jpg

Strange Adventures #225, CGC 9.4 OW/W pages $111
Don Rosa Collection copy
, complete with a Letter from Marv Wolfman.
Comes with Don Rosa Collection Certificate of Authenticity #11122!
Incredible, black, Joe Kubert, bi-plane cover. Cover is great for a morning bump! :blush:
Simply gots to :luhv: it, or you're not a true comics connoisseur! :sumo: 

SA225.jpg
SA225bc.jpg
SA225labela.jpg
SA225labelb.jpg

Strange Adventures #233, CGC 9.6 OW/W pages $95
One of the top seven copies in the Census - three 9.8s above the four 9.6s. Probably better than that Circle K Pedigree.

SA233cgc96.jpg
SA233cgc96bc.jpg

Stupidboy #90 CGC 7.5 off-white/white pages $70
Pete Ross learns Superboy's identity!
Lois Lane appearance!
I do not have a BC scan for this one, but it is clean - sliver of dust/sun shadow at 1/3 top edge, 1/3 bottom edge.
I'm told by the White Mountain guys here, that it is probably not a White Mountain book.

SB90cgc7.5.thumb.jpg.0bad338fe7ccf7a8a5feb46ebbbb0d78.jpg

•  
Edited by lizards2

Unknown Soldier 208 CGC 9.2 WHITE PAGES!!!! $40

Egyptian-themed fetish cover - Includes the inspiring/perspiring "Battle of the Bulge Beneath the Bathrobe" story - makes me parched @crassus

So many copies in the census that there is no census available!!!!

SSWS208cgc9.2.jpg

Champions #10 CGC 9.4 WHITE pages $42. Hercules! Goat Rider! He's no Angel!!! A menage a troi of leather, sweat, demons, gods and demi-gods!!!  Excessive word balloons - not for the squeamish. This issue has it all!!!

Champions10cgc9.4.jpg

Edited by lizards2

Hawk and the Dove #5 CGC 9.4 off-white to white pages $125.
Impossible black cover! Gil Kane classic art!!
More excessive threatening word balloons!
Smells like Dove spirit!!!!!!!!

HawkDove5cgc9.4.jpg

Superman #224 CGC 9.4 off-white to white pages $75.
A bargain at half the price!
Super-Dad gets schooled by Super-Genius Baby!
The classic story your friends wish they had!

Supes224cgc9.4.jpg

On 9/25/2022 at 9:52 PM, lizards2 said:

Lois Lane appearance!
I do not have a BC scan for this one, but it is clean - sliver of dust/sun shadow at 1/3 top edge, 1/3 bottom edge.
I'm told by the White Mountain guys here, that it is probably not a White Mountain book.

• :takeit: via PM
  •  

On 9/25/2022 at 8:28 PM, nochips said:
On 9/25/2022 at 7:52 PM, lizards2 said:

Lois Lane appearance!

• :takeit: via PM
  •  
Expand  

:takeit:

Thanks!