• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Archie 177
3 3

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Picked up a stack of Archie related comics, and I believe this issue was the nicest of the bunch.  Please not the little stain above Archie's head on the cover - not sure if it could be removed.  

Is something like this worth subbing?  There are currently no graded copies of 177 in the census, so I'm assuming there isn't massive demand.  Thanks for looking!

Non-expert opinion, but you have a better chance at stain removal on a white spot. Of course, this could also lose gloss. It's not hopeless though. I see some indentions and light color breaking creasing around the 'e' in 'Archie'. A couple of other spots where color is broken. I would be a no on grading. Based on the data I can find, I think at best you could sell the graded copy for the amount it would cost to get it graded. For a comic that's not in demand, it would need to be pristine to pull the trigger on grading.

On 9/27/2022 at 4:53 PM, scburdet said:

Non-expert opinion, but you have a better chance at stain removal on a white spot. Of course, this could also lose gloss. It's not hopeless though. I see some indentions and light color breaking creasing around the 'e' in 'Archie'. A couple of other spots where color is broken. I would be a no on grading. Based on the data I can find, I think at best you could sell the graded copy for the amount it would cost to get it graded. For a comic that's not in demand, it would need to be pristine to pull the trigger on grading.

I really appreciate the insight, thanks.  It's the sharpest book in the lot, so I was hoping it was a little higher grade as to justify grading.