• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lot's "O" Fun Comics (NN/1?) 1949

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! 

I came across this book, but can't seem to find any information on it. It's a low grade golden age book and the inside pages have Walt Disney Characters/stories...Would anyone happen to have some more information/how much it would be valued at in a low grade (1-2.0..beat up copy, but covers are attached and all pages are present)? 

Thanks! ...Jon 

20220929_092459.jpg

Welcome!

It's a neat item but probably very little value. Looks like a generic cover wrap that e.g. theaters or stores could have used to give away comics as a promotion.

On 9/29/2022 at 7:32 AM, bricksandbamboos said:

thanks for the info! 

Just curious, but what does the back cover look like? How many comics inside and do they have their covers?

I'm guessing the contents a coverless and at .05c designed to sell just to recoup their cost. 

On 9/29/2022 at 7:39 AM, bricksandbamboos said:

the back cover is actually blank (white) and there a multiple mini stories inside - Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, etc.

Thanks. I figured a blank back cover would be the case.  So it's probably a single issue (coverless) of the same comic...probably a Walt Disney Comics & Stories.  

If you look them up and find they are from the same issue, please let us know....just to satisfy curiosity. (thumbsu

Here are a few more pictures...I actually inherited my father's collection about a year ago when he passed away. There are about 10k books in total (Golden age to present, horror magazines etc)...I sold a few short boxes already, but decided to sell the rest via my website/Ebay to try and get the most money for what is left (he didn't leave us any insurance policy, just a lifetime's worth of comics and other stuff lol)...My knowledge is nowhere close to what his was, so I'm learning as I go. Thankfully he did teach me a few things, but with the amount of time it takes to research, grade, take pictures and list these books it is becoming a full time job. So far, so good - except for the Ebay fees and future taxes owed on sales haha.