• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AH! sketch on Heritage
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I was kind of fuzzy on this one.  AH's style has been evolving since he started working professionally.  And (assuming he drew it) it depends on when he drew it.  Some parts look traced (the legs) which I think is very unusual for AH.  Her right hand doesn't look like AH.  Also, not crazy about that lasso.

That arm. Those hands. I don’t know how this is an Adam Hughes sketch, but this thread should prove to have some wheels - as the AH fans should be able to really give this a in-depth critique.

On 9/30/2022 at 2:14 PM, MIL0S said:

yeah, that piece looked all kinds of wrong.  looks like someone at HA took a closer look at it and the lot has been withdrawn.  what are the odds it pops up on ebay

How can you tell it was withdrawn? I click the link in the original post and it still takes me to the lot like normal. 

edit: Ignore me, Just read the lot description lol 

Edited by JC25427N

I'm glad HA pulled that art from the auction because it's not all Hughes.

Has anyone reached out to Adam to see what he says? I don't think it's 100% real, but there are parts that look like it might have SOME AH! art on it. Maybe it was an unfinished sketch that someone TRIED to finish themselves?

That hand looks like something Mort Meskin would have drawn, though, and there's no way Adam Hughes drew it.