• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UPDATE! HARDCOVER NOW AVAILABLE! Pre-Order Your Copy of ‘The Official CGC Guide to Grading.
10 10

230 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2022 at 11:51 AM, ak47po said:

Taken from the article...

C9B5B97E-729D-4793-93D3-5E48ED640A74.jpeg.293df2b1f7fd854023354866732972a6.jpeg

Now I get it.  I was trying to figure out how CGC would benefit from publishing such a book(cost of the book aside), but I’m guessing this book is going to teach everyone how to spot the defects that CCS can improve.

Reading that snippet again....I thought for a second I was reading Dylan’s latest Email about his system.:tonofbricks:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

I think this is pretty neat. I'll add it to my Overstreet manual and all my notes. I can still learn more than a thing or two.

At the end of the day I'll still "hit the grade" 50% of the time and be a grade off the other half. Subjective nature of it all...

It could blow up in CGC's face though. We'll see what's inside, but If the book becomes the de facto guide to grading comics then there's the potential for a lot of complaints when graded comic books contradict what CGC has stated.

I do like how a 9.4 is on the cover. I want to believe this is CGC's acknowledgment that's really where the scale should stop. :sumo:

On 10/1/2022 at 12:20 PM, WolverineX said:

New avatar?   Is this from your ads?  

She's one of Mrs Palmers Daughters.