• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the YOU TUBE comic book videos thread
8 8

229 posts in this topic

why was "Golden Guys", by Comic Corp an abysmal failure. While most of their videos struggled to garner more that 300 views, I was a faithful viewer and found them very entertaining. I know most of them admittedly trolled the boards here, but I think they stopped YouTube over a year back.I guess GA collectors and YouTube don't mix well. Could be an age thing?

This man Terry Hoknes did a real nice job on a series called Comic Book History. Not sure if he's a member or if anyone here might know him.

I'll post only part 3 because that starts with Famous Funnies 1934. He shows a lot of books and interior pages and talks about the people who created all this good stuff. It's slow but pretty thorough.

Edited by Professor K
Link Added

On 2/4/2023 at 8:54 AM, ak47po said:

Is this the first Batman on screen?

Looks to be ... from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(serial) :

Batman is notable for being the first appearance on film of Batman and for debuting story elements that quickly became permanent parts of the Batman character's mythos, such as the "Bat's Cave" and its secret entrance through a grandfather clock inside Wayne Manor.

On 2/2/2023 at 5:56 PM, Professor K said:

This man Terry Hoknes did a real nice job on a series called Comic Book History. Not sure if he's a member or if anyone here might know him.

I'll post only part 3 because that starts with Famous Funnies 1934. He shows a lot of books and interior pages and talks about the people who created all this good stuff. It's slow but pretty thorough.

Well, for those of you who's into the history of the comics and the early Famous Funnies, it looks like this might just be your lucky day as the Heritage Sunday Auction which just started up a few minutes ago have an early run of these historic books from Famous Funnies 1 through Famous Funnies 17 pretty much intact, plus a few more issues after that:  :applause:

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=52+794+793+792+4294939899&Ntk=SI_Titles-Desc&Nty=1&Ntt=famous+funnies&limitTo=4294939899&ic=homepage-search-A-K-Y-071316

Might just be a good time to pick some of these up as most collectors nowadays only chase after the boys who wear their underwear on the outside and skip right past these critically important early issues.  :luhv: