• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the YOU TUBE comic book videos thread
8 8

237 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2023 at 10:44 PM, Telegan said:

Swagglehaus interviewing Vincent Zurzolo (who apparently can talk your ear off... lol).  There are tidbits about the Golden Age here and there in the interview, but it's mostly about the entire hobby, for the most part :

Enjoyed this one!

On 5/28/2023 at 3:14 PM, Professor K said:
On 5/26/2023 at 1:22 AM, Silver said:

So glad that guy wouldn't climb the ladder to get those Captain Marvels.

In retrospect so am I.

But at the time....

On 5/26/2023 at 3:38 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Richard had that big stack of comics in front of him, but only showed one of them.  What the heck?  :frown:

We talked about them in one of the videos posted earlier...

On 6/24/2023 at 12:44 PM, Telegan said:

Swagglehaus interviewing Vincent Zurzolo (who apparently can talk your ear off... lol).  There are tidbits about the Golden Age here and there in the interview, but it's mostly about the entire hobby, for the most part :

I don't think I've ever seen Vinny give this much of an in-depth discussion, it's fantastic.   He's at the tope echelon of the hobby, this is truly great to watch and listen.

Thanks. 

Another one from Swagglehaus.  This one about the "Bobby Blue Collection" loaded with some Golden Age goodies that Flipmode Comics bought and how they went about meeting the original owner of the collection and how the process of buying went.  The part where they asked him why he signed his name on the cover (because usually with comics like this the people that signed their names on the cover are gone) was cool.  They said it was actually his mother who signed his name on those comics.  When he told them that, he almost had second thoughts about selling the comics to them for sentimental reasons.  If you want to skip around, there's a list of timestamps in the video description.

Edited by Telegan

It is interesting to see other massive collections. YouTuber Stickygoose Comics was able to video this collection. Video is a year old but some of you might not have seen this. Notice the nice Barrister Bookcase shelving units. Interesting question was asked- what is going to happen to your large collection when you are gone?

@aardvark88 posted this in the SDCC thread, but I thought I'd also post it in here for people that maybe don't visit that thread.  Swagglehaus interviews dealers every few months to get their opinions on the comic book market and how shows are going for them.  This time he did it at SDCC :

Edited by Telegan