• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help with the "card from hell"
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

Been trying to get this card corrected since July. @CGC Mike has the whole management "team" on this but it's still not working. I've added over 240 cards to my registry sets, so I do know what I'm doing regarding that. (See: thread here for nightmare support: 

This card: cert: 4028352043 is part of the 25th Anniversary Celebrations Classic Collection. However, the CGC database has it part of Roaring Skies, and won't let me add it to my Classic Collection registry. https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/4028352043/ 

Is there anyone that works for CGC able to fix this card so that I can add it to my collection? 

On 10/1/2022 at 1:51 PM, JoshsPkmnCollection said:

Can you post a screenshot of the error you're facing when trying to add it to your registry? I don't work for CGC, but the certlookup looks right to me unless I'm missing something.

Here are the screenshots. Database thinks it's a Roaring Skies card. CGC can't figure out that the Pikachu 25th logo means that it's part of the Celebrations Classic Collection. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 6.41.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 6.40.22 PM.png

• Administrator
On 10/1/2022 at 9:51 AM, IrishPrince said:

Hi,

Been trying to get this card corrected since July. @CGC Mike has the whole management "team" on this but it's still not working. I've added over 240 cards to my registry sets, so I do know what I'm doing regarding that. (See: thread here for nightmare support: 

This card: cert: 4028352043 is part of the 25th Anniversary Celebrations Classic Collection. However, the CGC database has it part of Roaring Skies, and won't let me add it to my Classic Collection registry. https://www.cgccards.com/certlookup/4028352043/ 

Is there anyone that works for CGC able to fix this card so that I can add it to my collection? 

Wow, I'm so sorry that you've had such trouble! Let me look into this and see if I can help straighten things out.

On 10/3/2022 at 9:07 AM, CGC Lyndsey said:

Wow, I'm so sorry that you've had such trouble! Let me look into this and see if I can help straighten things out.

Thank you @CGC Lyndsey. Like I've been saying for awhile now, the problem is with the back end database -- meaning my card is associated with the wrong set. It's not a 2015 XY Roaring Skies card, it's a 2021 Celebrations Classic Collection card. 

Edited by IrishPrince
added 2015 date

• Administrator
On 10/3/2022 at 11:30 AM, IrishPrince said:

Thank you @CGC Lyndsey. Like I've been saying for awhile now, the problem is with the back end database -- meaning my card is associated with the wrong set. It's not a 2015 XY Roaring Skies card, it's a 2021 Celebrations Classic Collection card. 

You're welcome! Yes, I see that it's part of the Celebrations Classic Collection, and it's showing up correctly on the Pop Report, but that it shows as part of the 2015 Roaring Skies set when trying to add it to your inventory on the registry. I've already reached out to get some help on this and will let you know as soon as I hear back. 

On 10/3/2022 at 12:33 PM, CGC Lyndsey said:

You're welcome! Yes, I see that it's part of the Celebrations Classic Collection, and it's showing up correctly on the Pop Report, but that it shows as part of the 2015 Roaring Skies set when trying to add it to your inventory on the registry. I've already reached out to get some help on this and will let you know as soon as I hear back. 

I tried again this morning... no good. Registry still won't accept the card as Celebrations - Classic Collection. It's been three months since I purchased this card. Had to send it back to CGC twice to correct a "Mechanical Error (ME)".

How many more months do we think it will take to resolve this? 

• Administrator
On 10/4/2022 at 11:12 AM, IrishPrince said:

I tried again this morning... no good. Registry still won't accept the card as Celebrations - Classic Collection. It's been three months since I purchased this card. Had to send it back to CGC twice to correct a "Mechanical Error (ME)".

How many more months do we think it will take to resolve this? 

I'm still waiting on a response from my email yesterday. I read through the original thread that you posted above and I'm so sorry that it's taken so long to resolve, but I do really appreciate your patience and I will let you know as soon as I hear back on it. 

• Administrator

So sorry this took so long to get resolved. It should be fixed now and I added it to your set. Please have a look and let us know if you still see a problem.

On 10/4/2022 at 1:48 PM, dena said:

So sorry this took so long to get resolved. It should be fixed now and I added it to your set. Please have a look and let us know if you still see a problem.

Thank you @dena and @CGC Lyndsey for your help in correcting this!! Yep, it's now part of my Registry set for Classic Collection (the image of the card is of the old / incorrect photo, but that's OK I'm not worried about that). Thanks again. 

• Administrator
On 10/4/2022 at 4:45 PM, IrishPrince said:

Thank you @dena and @CGC Lyndsey for your help in correcting this!! Yep, it's now part of my Registry set for Classic Collection (the image of the card is of the old / incorrect photo, but that's OK I'm not worried about that). Thanks again. 

You're welcome! I'm glad we were able to get it resolved for you. :)