• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cancer Bills HELP!! Revisited
6 6

48 posts in this topic

Sorry, out of it last two days due to powerful antibiotics for an infection I got from an IV on Monday. To be honest, the infection is still kicking my butt. 

When you purchase a book or books, they will be shipped immediately barring any current health issues where doctors say to stay in bed and don't exert yourself. Such as my current fight of a strong infection that won't quit. Barring something like that, when you pay for books, books will be shipped out within the next few days.

Did you ever look into consigning these books through MyComicShop where they would be guaranteed to sell in a weekly auction while MyComicShop handles all of the grading, scanning, imaging, shipping and order fulfillment? If the primary goal is to sell books as easily as possible then that seems like an obvious solution. 

Yes, the turnaround would be longer than I'd like. Trying to sell as much as I can as soon as I can to get the funds as fast as I can to put towards bills, after paying for shipping obviously.

On 10/8/2022 at 6:32 PM, Ryan. said:

Did you ever look into consigning these books through MyComicShop where they would be guaranteed to sell in a weekly auction while MyComicShop handles all of the grading, scanning, imaging, shipping and order fulfillment? If the primary goal is to sell books as easily as possible then that seems like an obvious solution. 

Adding new graded books:

Larry Harmon's Laurel and Hardy #1

Low Print Run, only issue made, cancelled after lackluster sales of #1

Supposedly less than 500 originally, most are reader copies, only a few still in high grade

Mine is CGC 9.2 Selling for $300 due to this

Com.X issue # zero CGC 9.8 $250

First appearance of Bazooka Jules, etc.

On 10/8/2022 at 9:16 PM, Greengiant said:

hey S8zaphod! I looked at your old thread. Do you still have the graded Battle Chasers available?

I think I sold the one I have, I only have raw copies of that cover available now. Should grade 9.6 or better, just my estimate 

On 10/8/2022 at 5:38 PM, s8zaphod said:

Yes, the turnaround would be longer than I'd like. Trying to sell as much as I can as soon as I can to get the funds as fast as I can to put towards bills, after paying for shipping obviously.

Some of the books you have listed here are the same books you listed last year when you urgently needed the money.  I think if you needed the money urgently you'd try to put it up where you'll get a lot of visibility.  Having what seems to be annual sales don't speak to much urgency.

All books interested in can ask for a discount. Prices are not set in stone.

All payments that happen by Monday 5pm will be shipped out on Tuesday.

Also please feel free to leave a donation through PayPal at s8zaphod@aol.com

Thank you so much!

God bless!

On 10/8/2022 at 6:47 PM, 50 Fiddy said:

Some of the books you have listed here are the same books you listed last year when you urgently needed the money.  I think if you needed the money urgently you'd try to put it up where you'll get a lot of visibility.  Having what seems to be annual sales don't speak to much urgency.

I'm doing some head scratching myself connecting certain dots.