• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Silver Surfer #15
3 3

16 posts in this topic

A few small cb spine creases, some corner wear w/slight rounding, edge-wear & color flecking, bc soiling and a few creases, bc top corner bend. 

Colors and gloss look sharp. 

6.0, the bc soiling is holding it back from a 7.0 IMO. 

Nice book! (thumbsu

Edited by jcjames

7.0/7.5

As others have said the back cover soiling is holding this copy back. Clean it and 8.0/8.5 is definitely possible.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all for your input and expertise.  I plan on getting this one CGC graded, as well as a few others.  I will let you know what they come back with once completed.

On this book, the back cover looks much cleaner in person than in the iPhone photo above, which seems to sharpen the contrast between the white paper and the soiling..  I understand that a cleaning may help.

On 10/2/2022 at 4:21 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Fine cond an a all time great cover❤️👍‼️

FoggyNelson: I agree.  This is one of my favorite covers.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:12 PM, Wahoo88 said:

I understand that a cleaning may help.

Might be best not to use CCS for a C&P. I posted a copy of SS #15 on here a little while back. I only sent it in as it’s a cool cover was a high grade copy (the rest of my SS vol 1 are all raw except #1).

Used CCS and it got damaged during pressing! They estimated the damage had dropped it from a 9.0 to 7.0!

To be fair they did compensate me and I’ll update the thread when it’s finally back in my possession.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with this one (thumbsu

On 10/3/2022 at 4:44 PM, Deutero said:

Might be best not to use CCS for a C&P. I posted a copy of SS #15 on here a little while back. I only sent it in as it’s a cool cover was a high grade copy (the rest of my SS vol 1 are all raw except #1).

Used CCS and it got damaged during pressing! They estimated the damage had dropped it from a 9.0 to 7.0!

To be fair they did compensate me and I’ll update the thread when it’s finally back in my possession.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with this one (thumbsu

Thanks for the info.  I will use someone local for the C&P, as they came highly recommended.  This will be a first for me. I would be really disappointed if there was damage during the process.  

As a clean and presser l hate hearing how they get damaged especially when they are high graded books to begin with. I would try someone local with a good reputation. There are so many steps a book can get damaged but l try to limit the steps like shipping!!