• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paypal institutes $2500 fine for anyone who promotes "misinformation" and then pulls the rule after massive public backlash.
8 8

401 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2022 at 8:46 PM, CAHokie said:

Nope, I heard your misinformation perfectly! :devil: 

Edit: That will be $2500 please.

I just think some people here are connecting dots 

its obvious what they are referring to, someone even said it

i take paypal payments for comic books, this really doesn’t affect me in the slightest 

On 10/10/2022 at 9:53 PM, jsilverjanet said:

i take paypal payments for comic books, this really doesn’t affect me in the slightest 

Yeah, but it’s a legal contract. Obvious what they meant is not the standard I want my banking info connected too. And no, I don’t think they would fine me 2500 for saying the earth is square.

On 10/10/2022 at 6:53 PM, jsilverjanet said:

racist, sexist comic books.

On 10/10/2022 at 9:56 PM, CAHokie said:

Yeah, but it’s a legal contract. Obvious what they meant is not the standard I want my banking info connected too. And no, I don’t think they would fine me 2500 for saying the earth is square.

One of my questions is whether the rule meant that they could HOLD $2,500 of assets, or whether they could DRAW $2,500 of assets.  As it was written (and as how I interpret it) it sounds like if I have $2,500 sitting in my paypal account they could freeze/seize that money without having to do anything.  But there was no text saying something to the effect of "you authorize us to draw from one of your connected accounts the fine".  I can only imagine the liability you open yourself up to on suits by drawing off of a credit card.  "Hey AMEX, I didn't authorize this." K, we reversed the charge.

On 10/11/2022 at 9:07 AM, jaybuck43 said:

One of my questions is whether the rule meant that they could HOLD $2,500 of assets, or whether they could DRAW $2,500 of assets.  As it was written (and as how I interpret it) it sounds like if I have $2,500 sitting in my paypal account they could freeze/seize that money without having to do anything.  But there was no text saying something to the effect of "you authorize us to draw from one of your connected accounts the fine".  I can only imagine the liability you open yourself up to on suits by drawing off of a credit card.  "Hey AMEX, I didn't authorize this." K, we reversed the charge.

The worst case scenario I think would be if they took it straight out of your bank account. That would be really shady.

I think they should fire their counsel and hire us. I will be the advocate and you draft the legalize. 

On 10/10/2022 at 9:53 PM, jsilverjanet said:
On 10/10/2022 at 9:46 PM, CAHokie said:

Nope, I heard your misinformation perfectly! :devil: 

Edit: That will be $2500 please.

And some people refuse to connect dots even when they're almost almost touching each other. 

On 10/11/2022 at 7:05 AM, VintageComics said:

BTW, thanks fo Mike for cleaning this thread up and restoring it.

It's a very important thread for people using Paypal and I was surprised to find that nobody was even talking about it on here before I started the thread. 

You're one of the few known troublemakers that are left around here, Roy. :cheers:

it sounds like if I have $2,500 sitting in my paypal account they could freeze/seize that money without having to do anything.  But there was no text saying something to the effect of "you authorize us to draw from one of your connected accounts the fine". 

Yes.  If the money is there, it's in their account. They can do what they want.  I've seen many people complain they're funds were frozen when PP discovers they're doing business using F&F. 

No, they cannot withdraw from your linked accounts without your consent.

"Hey AMEX, I didn't authorize this." K, we reversed the charge.

Soon:

"Hey AMEX, I didn't authorize this".

AMEX:  "wellll, we saw what you wrote.  That'll be $500 for us also".

On 10/11/2022 at 10:20 AM, lizards2 said:

You're one of the few known troublemakers that are left around here, Roy. :cheers:

Not for much longer. 

I'm on my way out and don't post anywhere anymore except for in sales threads, but thought this was too important not to bring to people's attention. 

Edited by VintageComics