• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paypal institutes $2500 fine for anyone who promotes "misinformation" and then pulls the rule after massive public backlash.
8 8

401 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2022 at 9:24 AM, Sigur Ros said:

when PP discovers they're doing business using F&F

if they are misusing their service, i.e. violating their terms, shouldn't they hold the person responsible

Edited by jsilverjanet

On 10/11/2022 at 10:55 AM, jsilverjanet said:

if they are misusing their service, i.e. violating their terms, shouldn't they hold the person responsible

Uh.. They are.

As I clearly stated.

On 10/11/2022 at 11:03 AM, Dejas said:

Not me oh Clueless One.

Accused some guy of being an alcoholic, of being in a cult, calling him an a-hole, and other names. You said you troll all his threads, etc, etc.

Anyway, sidetracked enough.  Have fun being you.

Back on topic.

so for those cancelling paypal,

1) what methods of payment will you accept/use for your comic book purchases

2) if a seller only accepts paypal as a form of payment (example here on the boards) will you try to have them take another form of payment

On 10/11/2022 at 10:24 AM, Sigur Ros said:

Yes.  If the money is there, it's in their account. They can do what they want.  I've seen many people complain they're funds were frozen when PP discovers they're doing business using F&F. 

No, they cannot withdraw from your linked accounts without your consent.

Soon:

"Hey AMEX, I didn't authorize this".

AMEX:  "wellll, we saw what you wrote.  That'll be $500 for us also".

Yup, same reason the bank can send a repo man to come and get my car if I dont pay my car loan.  Terms of use.  Still think it's "wrong" though to do it unilaterally.  PayPal should need to go to court to recoup lost fees and prove I violated Friends and Family.  

According to several media reports last week, PayPal had published a policy update prohibiting customers from using its services for activities identified by it as "sending, posting, or publication of any messages, content, or materials" promoting misinformation.

The new policy, which said customers could have to pay damages of $2,500 for each violation, was supposed to go into effect on Nov. 3, the reports said.

On 10/11/2022 at 11:10 AM, shadroch said:

I can't think of a more effective way to cull out useless accounts than to let people know the sky is falling.  Four million accounts closed, but how many active customers did they lose?

Hard to tell.  But there are so many options available these days, many may just be dead accounts.

But the real issue is not active accounts.  This is what the shareholders are worried about....

Screenshot_20221011-112718_Google.jpg

Edited by Sigur Ros

On 10/11/2022 at 11:21 AM, shadroch said:

It's a short term bounce, and for some it is a buying opportunity.  It was already down about 50% for the year, before this.

Yes.  Like I said, there are a lot of options now.

As for short term... the shareholders hope so.

On 10/11/2022 at 10:46 AM, Dejas said:

lol

Roy is banned from the WC, that's why he started this thread in the wrong place. I'm helping Mike sort it out :headpat:

I started the thread here because this is where this belongs. 

I was banned from the WC because of trolling similar to yours and for trying to defend myself or my position. 

On 10/11/2022 at 11:11 AM, Dejas said:

But I never said the R Word, which is what we're talking about. Please try to keep up...

All that above is true, BTW. Ask him...

Just know that everything you post is being recorded and gathered as evidence for harassment. It's helpful that you've already exhibited a pattern of behavior and already admitted who you are many times so  that there is no longer any doubt. 

And libel. 

:D

People are free to ask me whatever they want. I never lie.

For some reason Stu has decided to target me even though I've never done anything against him personally.

His choice. 

Edited by VintageComics