• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you hungry for more Spidey? Milk required!
2 2

84 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2022 at 1:51 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have a bottle of Coca-Cola that commemorates the 1997 Stanley Cup Champions. I'll open and drink it on-camera for $1,610,000 ZWL.

Let the negotiations begin! 

On 10/14/2022 at 1:55 AM, F For Fake said:

I actually have two old bottles of soda myself, one a sealed bottle of Big Red commemorating the Louisville Cardinals 1980 men's hoops championship, and the other a mini bottle of coke from their 1986 championship. They are still surprising brightly colored and fully liquid, I suppose because they are more or less airtight. I would have a hard time putting a price on my willingness to ingest them 40 years after the fact. It's...gonna be a high number.

I also have a sealed bottle of Makers from the 2013 championship, signed by the now-disgraced and fired head coach and AD. That one is probably worth more now if I open it, drink the bourbon, and throw the bottle away!

Ooh even older. Hello friend. 

Spoiler

:jokealert:

On 10/13/2022 at 12:14 PM, ThothAmon said:

I’m getting one. Gonna keep it next to this beauty. 

image.jpg

Where you able to get your hands on one? I know they sold out pretty fast. 1,962 boxes for the whole country wouldn't last long.

All the websites I've read say

The item is a limited-time offering and is only available through Walmart's website beginning on Thursday, October 20th.

So I don't know how people are getting them ahead of time.

Edited by Jaxxon

On 10/13/2022 at 8:11 PM, Jaxxon said:

The item is a limited-time offering and is only available through Walmart's website beginning on Thursday, October 20th.

Maybe the website says sold out because they're not available yet....:ohnoez:

On 10/13/2022 at 11:04 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Is the reprint inside something that CGC would slab?  If so, this book is going to be "fire":insane:

Spider-Man-x-CTC.thumb.webp.fb4b9aa35e5bf08ccb5580e96ae0c21d.webp

"The best duo since MJ and Peter Parker – Cinnamon Toast Crunch has teamed up with Marvel Comics to offer Spider-Man fans a limited-edition collectible box that pays homage to Peter Parker's hero origin story in 'The Amazing Spider-Man,'" the company said in a press release. "Featuring a first-of-its kind fifth panel, this extra sheet folds out into a two-page comic spread highlighting a recreation of the 1962 cover of Amazing Fantasy #15 – the first-ever appearance of Spider-Man in a Marvel comic book."

On 10/13/2022 at 11:11 PM, Jaxxon said:

They were on sale the day i posted the Bleeding cool article on 10/12/22. I saw them that day for sale, so the article was wrong about the date 10/20/22. Went back Walmart.com a hour later and they were sold out. I did mange to get one, it arrives today.

Edited by ak47po

On 10/14/2022 at 8:32 AM, ak47po said:

They were on sale the day i posted the Bleeding cool article on 10/12/22. I saw them that day for sale, so the article was wrong about the date 10/20/22. Went back Walmart.com a hour later and they were sold out. I did mange to get one, it arrives today.

Nice grab. I’ll search the Bay. 

On 10/14/2022 at 1:49 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Did Spidey just jump the shark?hm

Aaayyy! 👍

On 10/13/2022 at 11:28 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Flutie Flakes - New & Unopened Limited Edition Collector's Cereal Box (Red) 1999

Got one somewhere. Love Flutie. Single handedly kept the Bills in Buffalo by helping sell tens of Thousands of season tickets and was rewarded for returning the Bills to the playoffs by that insufficiently_thoughtful_person son of Bum Phillips by being benched for the wildcard game for the embarrassment that was Rob Johnson (think music city miracle). 

On 10/13/2022 at 11:14 AM, F For Fake said:

Yes, there are definitely people who collect cereal boxes, and other food items and packaging. For instance, I've been a longtime fan and follower of Matt over at dinosaurdracula.com 

He used to have a site called x-entertainment, and then that morphed into DD. He also has the Youtube, Twitter, etc stuff. Anyway, he specializes in pop culture detritus, particularly snacks and stuff like that from the 80's and 90's. His site is well worth checking out, especially in the stretch between Halloween and Christmas.

Some folks will throw out the food and display boxes, some will puncture the bottom of cans to empty them and keep the container. Matt keeps the whole thing. Just a couple of days ago he posted his pic of all of the Halloween Whoppers he still has!

How are the burgers not mouldy or fallen apart