• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYC National Lunch Sat Nov 19 12:30pm Virgil's

17 posts in this topic

Any takers for lunch on Sat at Virgil's?

I'll make a reservation for 12:30 at Virgil's.

So far I think it will be:

-me

-delekerste

-redhook +2

-burntboy +1

-lambo

-bleeker bob

-mr. woogieman

-shadroch

All are welcome. Any changes to the list please post here and I will update accordingly.

Thanks,

DAM

Okay, here is how it now stands:

-me

-delekerste

-redhook +1

-burntboy

-lambo

-mr. woogieman

-dmac

Important Change the lunch will be at NOON and not 12:30. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Reservation is under my last name but we'll probably meet up at the bar area,

Thanks,

DAM

Okay, here is how it now stands:

-me

-delekerste

-redhook +1

-burntboy

-lambo

-mr. woogieman

-dmac

Important Change the lunch will be at NOON and not 12:30. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Reservation is under my last name but we'll probably meet up at the bar area,

Thanks,

DAM

Heartend is a tentative too.

-me

-delekerste

-redhook +2

-burntboy +1

-lambo +2

-bleeker bob

-mr. woogieman

-shadroch

All are welcome. Any changes to the list please post here and I will update accordingly.

Thanks,

DAM

See you guys tomorrow at NOON

Looking forward to it,

sorry folks, already went on friday. no way my wife would allow saturday (she already has 6 pages of things i'm supposed to do this weekend). wouldn't have minded given that i know at least one of you and i haven't eaten at virgils since i stopped working in midtown early last year... but burntboy would probably stab me with a steak knife because i still haven't been able to get out to suffolk county in an SUV to get his comic rack (woogie can attest that it does, in fact, exist)

-me

-delekerste

-redhook +2

-burntboy +1

-lambo +2

-bleeker bob

-mr. woogieman

-shadroch

Thanks,

DAM

See you guys tomorrow at NOON

Looking forward to it,

count me in.

Lunch was great too. A surprise guest was Marnin Rosenberg, and we were also joined by Mark McDermott. Both has some interesting behind-the-scenes stories to share. On the way down to the con, Dave, Marnin and I stopped for a coffee. Marnin then paid his $15 and took his first stroll around a convention floor in about 15 or 20 years.... and seemed to have a darn good time doing it.

marnindave.jpg

Lunch was great too. A surprise guest was Marnin Rosenberg, and we were also joined by Mark McDermott. Both has some interesting behind-the-scenes stories to share. On the way down to the con, Dave, Marnin and I stopped for a coffee. Marnin then paid his $15 and took his first stroll around a convention floor in about 15 or 20 years.... and seemed to have a darn good time doing it.

marnindave.jpg

gotta agree that Marnin (and especially Mark) had some really interesting stories to tell). Marnin's tale about a young Doug Schmell spending so much time at his establishment and always having to "borrow" quarters for the tolls on the way home cracked me up!!!! Mark really seems to know where the bodies are buried when it comes to OA - could listen to him all day................

too bad that there's little chance of getting Marnin to a Forum dinner - would be nice to see some fences get mended.............

and thanks to Red for the beautiful OA sized framed scan that he made for me of my copy of B&B 44 (Kubert Hawkman greywash cover)............ thumbsup2.gif