• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Newsstands and The Census
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I recently received a book back from grading and although I didn’t request it, it just happened to be graded right when CGC rolled out their plans to notate newsies on the label. However when out of curiousity I went to see how many newsstands of this book were on the census I wasn’t able to find any count of newsstand books for this title. 

Is CGC going to keep a census of the Newsstands? It seems to me that it’s pointless to even notate this without keeping a census as anyone who cares about newsstands would be easily able to identify one

• Administrator

Hello! This is an excellent question! I have contacted our verification team to see if they are planning on having a census for the Newsstand editions in the future and I will let you know as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. 

• Administrator

Hello again. I have been informed that we are working on getting the newsstand editions added to the census; however, there is no timeline currently when this will be completed. We do appreciate your patience as we try to quickly incorporate this into our census. 

On 10/25/2022 at 6:53 AM, CMatthews said:

Hello again. I have been informed that we are working on getting the newsstand editions added to the census; however, there is no timeline currently when this will be completed. We do appreciate your patience as we try to quickly incorporate this into our census. 

Great news. IMO without a census, marking it on the label serves no purpose. Thank you