• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Comic Reader 129
2 2

7 posts in this topic

By outward appearances the book has slight foxing and slightly discolored staples, because of the white color I cannot tell if there are any stress lines/ticks.

As it sits I would say you are in the NM- 9.2 range, however, I have no idea how much of a deduction you will see due to the writing inside the book or if the writing means a "Green Qualified Label".

On 10/26/2022 at 11:15 AM, marvelmaniac said:

By outward appearances the book has slight foxing and slightly discolored staples, because of the white color I cannot tell if there are any stress lines/ticks.

As it sits I would say you are in the NM- 9.2 range, however, I have no idea how much of a deduction you will see due to the writing inside the book or if the writing means a "Green Qualified Label".

I don’t think the writing should impact the grade too much. I think CGC must go easy on this book.  I’ve been looking at slabbed 8.5s, and they all look worse than this copy.  I’m really surprised CGC allows staple holes thru the whole book for a VF+

On 10/26/2022 at 3:58 PM, grendelbo said:

I don't believe the interior writing will effect the grade any further

I'm interested in the internal writing b/c I have a FOOM 2 sitting in Sarasota with a partially filled out crossword (maybe in pencil, I forget). I've searched for graded copies, and I've seen examples of green/blue with graders' notes indicating both it counting against and not counting against the grade. I think it might depend on who finds the book in their queue. 

Given that book has an address label, it's in quite remarkable condition. Hard to believe it went through the mail 46ish years ago. 9.0/9.2 is where I am as well