• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Jewelers insert
1 1

7 posts in this topic

You peaked my curiosity, after an online search uncovered nothing my "assumption" would be that if the "Tatooz" missing garners a Green Label then one would think that a book missing the MJ insert would also garner a Green Label, however...

If the insert is missing is there any indication that it was actually there since not all copies had the insert?

On 10/27/2022 at 4:40 PM, marvelmaniac said:

You peaked my curiosity, after an online search uncovered nothing my "assumption" would be that if the "Tatooz" missing garners a Green Label then one would think that a book missing the MJ insert would also garner a Green Label, however...

If the insert is missing is there any indication that it was actually there since not all copies had the insert?

There are a few. Many MJI copies have a small star shaped cover stamp. And pulled out staples could indicate removal. Staple location itself is a factor too - some MJI copies are in a different location on the spine:

Not sure about incomplete inserts though (insert present but part of it is missing). Logic says Green label, but I don't know what CGC would do. 

I'd say contact CGC for an official ruling.  ANd it may depend on the comic and the insert for reasons mentioned previously.

I'd gladly accept the discount for a green-label book that is only missing the Mark Jewelers insert. The fact that Mark Jewelers editions are going for higher prices is one of the goofiest aspects of the hobby to me. Okay, they're rare. So was my red 1974 Gran Torino with the lime green front end because I got in an accident that crumpled the original front end and had to pick up a new one at a junkyard, and I didn't have the money to repaint it to match the rest of the car. Strangely, no one offered me a million bucks for my red and green 1974 Gran Torino, even though it was the only one in the whole world! 

On 12/27/2022 at 9:15 AM, Mark Warren said:

I'd gladly accept the discount for a green-label book that is only missing the Mark Jewelers insert. The fact that Mark Jewelers editions are going for higher prices is one of the goofiest aspects of the hobby to me. Okay, they're rare. So was my red 1974 Gran Torino with the lime green front end because I got in an accident that crumpled the original front end and had to pick up a new one at a junkyard, and I didn't have the money to repaint it to match the rest of the car. Strangely, no one offered me a million bucks for my red and green 1974 Gran Torino, even though it was the only one in the whole world! 

Ah, but did you try covering the front end with acetate? Then you'd have the extra-rare Gran Torino variant. :flipbait: