• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Walking Dead

6 posts in this topic

As this show finally grinds to an end next week after 11 seasons - has there ever been a comic related show that has fallen so far?

The first seasons were 'must see TV'

Shane v Rick

Glenn running around everywhere 'hey,you in the Tank'

Dale as the voice of reason

The growth of Carl

Negan - man, he was genuinely terrifying with the capture and execution of Abe and Glenn

Sophia stumbling out of the barn.......

And we finish with middle-age fat people protesting about 'injustice in the Commonwealth' whilst eating ice-cream......

It's such a sad,sad end to what was a truly great show.  Kirkman Hurd et al should hang their heads in shame.

Favorite episodes people?

Me - easily Shane losing his poo-poo when Sophia came out the barn. Possibly the greatest moment in the entire show.

Yours?

It’s a shame they let the show drag on so long. I think I have the last three seasons saved on dvr but I’m not the least bit motivated to watch them. It’s to the point that even if they come out with a stand alone movie with Rick, I don’t think I’d be interested. It would have to be one heck of a trailer to suck me back in!

Edited by Jayman

Finished the entire series today... granted I had to go back and rewatch everything... much better not doing it week to week... but there was a lot of filler going on in the later seasons... did enjoy it overall... the finale was fine... AMC hopefully will fix some of their issues with the upcoming WD Universe... one thing i never got... its been 6+ years since the outbreak happened and people still haven't gotten used to killing walkers... or just running away?

Yeah, Sophia out of the barn is THE moment of the show for me. That and when umm... oh geez, what's his name got bit, and hallucinated all those dead people in the back of the car while they tried to save him, but he sadly died. This was in like season 4 or 5. He was a great character. Big guy. I can't recall his name right now. It's been that long since I gave up on the show (they lost me in season 8, with a whole season of indiscriminate shooty shooty, ending with the misguided death of Carl).