• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN Nova #1
2 2

22 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2022 at 1:00 AM, grendelbo said:

C&P for 8.5.

Thanks for posting.

Safe to say, cgc likes me lol. I'm gonna do that big 30 book submission I've been gearing towards now. To me I thought it was a 9.0, I just based it off of others I've seen. And the 8.5 I've seen pretty rough ones and I didn't think this was one of those.

Snapchat-954355207.jpg

Snapchat-260583108.jpg

On 12/21/2022 at 11:53 AM, comicjoe1234 said:

Lol

you're entitled to a full refund of my grading fee. I've been reading CGC's new book, it states that stress lines are less of an issue with pre-modern books (which would grade much lower with the same number of them). That would seem to account for many of the concerns people had. What's a little surprising to me is a 9.4 given the volume of CGC notes. I've gotten four 9.4s back recently & only one had one note. Again, the books says a 9.4 can have a couple of slight handling defects so if I were you, I'd invest heavily in lottery tickets. Post the graded book photos when it comes in. Will be interesting to see.

On 12/21/2022 at 2:30 PM, scburdet said:

you're entitled to a full refund of my grading fee. I've been reading CGC's new book, it states that stress lines are less of an issue with pre-modern books (which would grade much lower with the same number of them). That would seem to account for many of the concerns people had. What's a little surprising to me is a 9.4 given the volume of CGC notes. I've gotten four 9.4s back recently & only one had one note. Again, the books says a 9.4 can have a couple of slight handling defects so if I were you, I'd invest heavily in lottery tickets. Post the graded book photos when it comes in. Will be interesting to see.

Hahahahah

I have been very lucky with my submissions. Honestly, these would probably be my lottery tickets currently as I'm buying these comics for cheap typically. When I grade these comics myself I look at a glance for glaring issues, if there's any color breaking spine ticks then I just say no typically. Then I look closer and see what detracts from its appearance. If it's really minor stuff where I feel like it doesn't detract much just by looking normally, then I buy. That's how I've graded for my first submission at least. 

On 12/28/2022 at 8:06 PM, comicjoe1234 said:

20221228_200559.jpg

20221228_200604.jpg

20221228_200611.jpg

20221228_200621.jpg

lol for kicks I clicked on this thread to see if it was the "modern Nova #1" and was just curious, I too was at 8.5/9.0 as is, but wasn't sure what pressing could do, that was sure a wild ride! :cheers: