• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing spiderman #252 CPV
2 2

11 posts in this topic

7.5±0.5. There are enough spine tics/creases to pull this down to at least 8.0. The color rub along the back spine is an issue, so it depends how hard that is judged. The worst looking defects are on the back, so that's good, could redound to a slightly higher grade.

On 10/29/2022 at 7:41 PM, scburdet said:

7.5±0.5. There are enough spine tics/creases to pull this down to at least 8.0. The color rub along the back spine is an issue, so it depends how hard that is judged. The worst looking defects are on the back, so that's good, could redound to a slightly higher grade.

I wouldn't be mad at that, I think I still make profit on the book for what I paid! Bought it because it's rare to see these cpvs in decent condition. Hopefully a good press and clean will help. Ticks seem to be hit or miss at least I've noticed from my first submission. 

6.5 - 7.0 with a C&P. Lots of stress lines and possible watermark in the yellow about 3" above the barcode along the spine. C&P will help with the spine roll.  In my experience, this is one of those books that gets graded very harshly by the folks at CGC.

On 10/31/2022 at 4:49 PM, Nilo2 said:

6.5 - 7.0 with a C&P. Lots of stress lines and possible watermark in the yellow about 3" above the barcode along the spine. C&P will help with the spine roll.  In my experience, this is one of those books that gets graded very harshly by the folks at CGC.

So many fkn different answers. 

I understand your frustration. It’s not a science to be sure. Still, the consensus seems to be that you are likely to land between 7.0 - 8.0. I’m on the very low end of that scale other are on the high end. It’s part and parcel of this little game we are all playing. Of course we could all be wrong….🤣

On 10/31/2022 at 7:57 PM, Nilo2 said:

I understand your frustration. It’s not a science to be sure. Still, the consensus seems to be that you are likely to land between 7.0 - 8.0. I’m on the very low end of that scale other are on the high end. It’s part and parcel of this little game we are all playing. Of course we could all be wrong….🤣

Well, for a few of my last submissions there were some that everyone was wrong on. Like my Wolverine 2 that came back a 9.8. I think maybe people here are a bit brutal on ratings. And most are like that but idk. None of these new ones have been pressed or anything